• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Worst FBO

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'll throw out another "Signature sucks!" vote. Last summer I needed to park for a night in Palm Springs; there is no "public" ramp there, just Signature and Atlantic on the east side... at either FBO they have you by the balls and you have to pay their exorbitant rates just to park.

Now I wasn't in a corporate jet or even a big twin, just a little bitty RV-4... I parked at Signature and tied it down myself, they never even touched the plane, but I still got hit with a $27 "handling" fee. Handling for what? An overnight tiedown fee of $10-15 I can understand, but a handling fee??? The worst part was the next morning getting ready to leave I needed a quart of oil... care to guess how much Signature wanted for a quart of Aeroshell W100? $14. 14 bucks for one quart of oil. I told 'em to keep it, I didn't need it that badly.

:erm: I think excessive costs at FBOs should concern everyone whose paycheck is tied to those who have to pay the bill. Bad service to pilots also begs the question: how are your waiting owners/pax treated? Does their time in the FBO add to their flying experience, or detract from it?

I hate jim's and their stupid crew shuttle rules, I hate that railing and those stupid ramps in the hanger with trailers in it WTF is up with that! I hate the signatures that I mentioned, I've been to each one several times over and it never improves. I'm very polite to those folks anyway, it's not their fault they suck... If fact, I think it is my lack of assertiveness that I present that brings on the crappy service and gets me pushed to the back of the line. Perhaps I shall explore the a-hole Captain idea.

and Signature sucks!

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the hole known as Providence, RI. Somebody mentioned to me the FBO is mob owned. Thus, no competition and no point in improving anything. Is this true?

Yes, it's true.

Oh wait...how the hell would we know? We're PILOTS...

Eh Viny! Put da gear down ya mook.

Ahh, Fagidaboutit!

I've had good and not so good experiences at most of the FBO's mentioned, but I've noticed that if I kill them with kindness, they usually get the job done for me. That being said, my least FBO right now is Signature at SNA. The folks there just don't seem to care. My favorite FBO right now is Million Air SLC. They are great.

Avitat HPN has Great people and service, but on the building refurb? Pilots lounge sucks and $3 for a coffee.

Sig BWI Walk this to my plane.

Atlantic TEB Useless

PVD, Useless

I had the distinct (dis)honor of patronizing Signature at Chicago Meigs several years ago. We were in a CE-172. Not only did we get slapped for $4.00 a gallon 100LL (this was back in 2000), we got a $30 ramp fee, $25 tie down fee (there were no ropes to tie down with), $30 service fee (for the golf cart that was required to take us the quarter mile from the parking ramp to the door), and they wanted a $20 fee to hail a cab for us (even though the taxi stand was right outside the front door and had half a dozen cabs waiting).

Signature MIA blows. As do all Signatures.

SIGNATURE world wide is the worst ever FBO franchise ever....world wide.

I hate them. I wish they would die. Okay, I wish NetJets would dump them, then they would die...

I agree with you there. I went out of my way today to talk to the manager at Signature SAV to discuss the lack of service. No marshalers, FO had to get the customer's rental car and he drove it in, we unloaded and packed all the baggage in the car, and nobody was there to take the garbage away. BTW there were only 2 other active planes on the ramp. If I had not needed the min fuel, he would have charged me $275 for that "Signature service".:angryfire

Latest resources

Back