• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Worst aviation movie ever

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think it's funny whenever someone shoots a bullet through the airplane's cabin the airplane goes into an unrecoverable dive... Every time!

No kidding! And it's always complete with papers flying, people screaming, etc.

I vote for airport 77. Total cheese. Stuck underwater and the plane stays airtight? The only thing they could have done to make it worse (or better?) was to have Godzilla attack them.

i think it would be easier to discuss, which aviation/airline-focused movie is 'good.' i can't say i've ever seen one that was good.

catch me if you can probably came closest, but even that was realtively unrealistic.

I disagree about Airport '77. I enjoyed the heck out of it. Sure it's campy and bears no similarity to reality ("we're safe under water because this plane is pressurized!") but it's fun to watch. Kinda like The Poseidan Adventure. Now if we're talking about real bad there's always Airport '79: the Concorde. Egads!

Turbulence
Airport '75
Die Hard II
Any episode of Black Sheep Squadron
By Dawn's Early Light (Rebecca DeMornay as a B-52 pilot...need I say more?)

"Ground Control" - Keefer Sutherland must have been starving to do that one.

The latest terrible aviation movie I've seen was "Air Marshall". I enjoyed the he11 out of laughing at it but my girlfriend made me turn it off after the first half an hour.

Hands down best aviation movie ever was TWELVE O'CLOCK HIGH

Typhoon1244 said:
By Dawn's Early Light (Rebecca DeMornay as a B-52 pilot...need I say more?) [/B]

That movie at least explored WWIII, not just in a 'what-if-it-could-happen', but actually does happen!

That is appealing to me.

Latest resources

Back