Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

World's unfunniest pilot? Captain's cringey comedy routine fails to get a laugh on bo

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Only time I'll ever "go to the back" is after an hour + delay for whatever reason.... Being a comedian would probably be easier than what we do so if I could pull it off I'm sure I would have tried already! I give people the truth (mostly) and assure them I won't get there any earlier than they will (that's the extent of my humor) and am trying the best I can for them and myself. Never had any issues with that ...

Ok, I need vacation and need to be VP of finding someone to go on the record of PACK setting in the dessert. (Yes I know all books have conflicting info but to me pax cooling is important bc I commute so I hate sweating as much as the business guy in a suit.)

Taxi out I have both packs in AUTO. CA puts them to HIGH. Felt a lot colder to me so great I will ask him above 10,000 about recirc fan logic because I don't want to screw up every other leg on trip.

Showed CA the PC guide question on page 7. Question 14. "Placing either PACK to HIGH will kill the recirc fan. Passenger comfort is improved by increasing airflow even if the recirc fan appears to increase the duct temp."

He countered with AOM page 15-64 Hot Weather Ops. It says both packs ---- get ready "HIGH". He says it doesn't mention cycling so if they want him to cycle packs put it in writing. Problem solved. Winter is only a few months away so enjoy the heat in the back. (Don't worry the trip conversation got better after that.)

Every flight on Virgin I believe. Sometimes it's fine.
I personally go with the Oz man behind the curtain

Just got to know and do you and not take advantage of the captive audience just to hear your own voice in an attempt to get everyone else to think you're as special as you think you are.
Personally I think people want short, pleasant, professional and confidence inspiring--- quick, relevant info and then to shut up so they can get back to doing their thing. If you can do a genuine joke that goes over and won't get you fired in a 3 second 1-liner, knock yourself out. If not, save it for the bar

It's why I'm so long winded and cocky on FI-- get it out of my system so I'm not tempted to be that in real life

At VX, we're actually 'required' to do this, although on quick turns or during IROPs sometimes admittedly I just do it from the flt deck to save time. I have my spiel down to about 20 seconds and I mention all the crew, dest forecast WX, flt time, and that's about it. Our "guests" don't want to hear ANY MORE than that! They are busy watching their IFE and every time someone does a PA (and they get enough of them from inflight), it pauses the system-- so if someone is watching live TV..they miss that content during the PA. They don't want to hear some pilot drone on about every cow-town they'll be flying over from LAX-JFK. They certainly don't want to hear some wanna-be comedian 'test' his material on a captive audience. Just my $.02. And yes-- this video is painful to watch..someone needs to pull this dude aside.

The best tutorial for giving a PA is on youtube. Pilot talk by Barely Air Part 1. Sorry I'm too, stupid to use fancy link button.

Latest resources

Back