• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

World / NAA aquisition completed

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
4500 employees and 56 planes. About 95 employees/plane? Ouch.

Not a fair comparison. For one thing, ATA and World operate three crew cockpits. ATA and NA frequently require IO's for int'l ops. on the B75/76. He!!, at ATA we're using IO's on the B737 for HI turns. Thirdly, we're largely in charter. Sometimes this requires more crews than a sched. service.

Granted, we (ATA) aren't very efficient. Every day is our first day. I don't know about the others. There will be redundencies in various operations between the three airlines. This makes me believe that there will be some kind of merger, possibly a merger and an asset sale, combining some operations and selling off others.

It Takes A Lot Of People To Move Airplanes In An International Charter Environment.the Nature Of The Business Sometimes Requires Crews To Sit Around At Locations For Days Waiting On Airplanes To Come Back Around.the Commercialing Costs Can Be Astronomical When You Have To Move 3 Pilots And 9 Flight Attendants To Do One Or Two Legs,not To Mention All The Support Staff.comparing People Per Airplane With Companies Like World ,ata Or North American To Southwest Is Apples And Oranges.but Then Again We Haven't Been Making Much Money Lately Either And We Are Very Busy.

How so Hal? Don't sit around and wait for something to happen. Be on the offensive. Jumping to your ship may not be the only answer. Take a good look at our working agreement before you dismiss it.

You do have a higher monthly Guar. tho. I believe this covers the above. I will take the rig/homebasing it pays more for the time away (or should I say the same for less time away).

How so Hal? Don't sit around and wait for something to happen. Be on the offensive. Jumping to your ship may not be the only answer. Take a good look at our working agreement before you dismiss it.

You do have a higher monthly Guar. tho. I believe this covers the above. I will take the rig/homebasing it pays more for the time away (or should I say the same for less time away).

First. ATA is under a concessionary agreement. We didn't strike to get what we got. We were frightened into it by BK court and our union.

Secondly, you're going to have a hard sell in trying to convince me or anyone else that it's in our best interests to remain separate carrier.

First. ATA is under a concessionary agreement. We didn't strike to get what we got. We were frightened into it by BK court and our union.

It does not matter how we got to this point. What matters is you have an agreement that has been gutted in bk. For instance, your agreement allows ATA to dry lease your aircraft. Ours does not. If our agreement allowed dry leasing, what chances do you think we would have in keeping our MD-11F's around?

Secondly, you're going to have a hard sell in trying to convince me or anyone else that it's in our best interests to remain separate carrier.

Easy for you, an ATA pilot, to say. You don't have any seniority, retirement, scope, rig, and much homebasing to lose.

For the record I beleive in one list. However, what will be the price our group pays? Right now we have much more to lose. I get the feeling you do not see how gutted your agreement is. The ATA pilots have a big hole to dig out of. Get rid of all the side letters and tighten your scope, so we might have an incentive to come over. One step at a time. If you can't do dig out, you might want to look at stepping our way.

We're not looking at the same sky. No point in continuing this.

Latest resources

Back