Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

atafan

From the Company web site:

Great News! Today, Global Aero Logistics Inc., ATA’s parent company, completed the acquisition of World Air Holdings, Inc. We signed the “Merger Agreement” on April 05. Until now, we were working to secure the financing and getting legal matters sorted out in order to reach this goal line. Here are some facts and figures:

· The holding company, Global Aero Logistics Inc. (GAL) will have more than 4,500 employees, 56 aircraft, and 2006 revenues exceeding $1.6 billion. GAL will have 3 independent airlines – ATA, World Airways, and North American Airlines – under its umbrella.
· World Air Holdings shares ceased trading today. The shareholders of World Holdings will receive $12.50 per share – or a total of approximately $315 Million.
· The new company will be stronger, more diversified and will have access to the resources of all 3 airlines. Leveraging these considerable synergies will help increase market share, presence, and profitability. To do that we will:
o Build upon our Scheduled Service codeshare agreement with Southwest.
o Continue to increase market share of both the AMC charter and the
commercial charter business, and
o Focus on the air cargo business, which is expected to grow at a high pace in the coming years.

What kind of IMMEDIATE impact will this have on all of us? We, at ATA, will continue our daily focus on achieving our “5C” goals. And the folks at World and North American will focus on their individual and company goals. Also, in the coming weeks, we will announce the GAL Executive Management team and embark on employee “road shows” – so you can ask questions directly of us.

After that, as we develop and roll out plans to grow, taking advantage of the synergies that exist across the 3 airlines to improve our overall revenues and our cost efficiency, I will make sure that we communicate our plans in the most transparent manner possible – so that we can all be chasing the same dream!

Great News!

For who? The rich guys who just keep getting richer at the expense of everyone else?

Good luck to all the pilots involved at all three airlines. Hopefully you'll be able to work together to prevent a massive whipsaw.

Single carrier filing... TC

For who? The rich guys who just keep getting richer at the expense of everyone else?

I agree!

I'm just cutting and pasting the story as published.

I agree!

I'm just cutting and pasting the story as published.

Yeah, I know. I was just responding to the text in the story. It wasn't directed at you.

o Build upon our Scheduled Service codeshare agreement with Southwest.
Now this is what intrest's me! I have a feally good friend at ATA that has told me you guys have heard nothing about new a/c or routes.

I have a feally good friend at ATA that has told me you guys have heard nothing about new a/c or routes.

True statement. Vewry, vewry, Quiet.

New routes = Mexico, Canada, The Carribbean, possibly Latin America
Where are the aircraft coming from? North American obviously.

Where are the aircraft coming from? North American obviously.

Then ATA pilots would be doing the flying. The codeshare as it states right now is for ATA Airlines. This has been confirmed.

As ATA puts more DC10s on line, then they will take B757's off of military charter. ATA also has options on additional B737-800s that we have not commited to yet.

If NA or World does any codeshare flying, even in subservice, there will be holy he11 to pay. This is the prime definition of whipsaw. SWA might have something to say about it too, but then again, maybe not.

Latest resources

Back