World Hiring Again

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks MD11DRVR...

I had heard this as well. I would like to see ATA operate those themselves as that would create friction and ill will between the pilot groups. With that said that is probably what GAL would want as it would be easier to whipsaw carriers that dislike each other and would not work together. Where those planes go is not any line dogs choice but we will feel the pain from the choice.

Thread hijack.

There's a World captain running around the system telling any ATA crew that will listen, that it's in our (WOA) contract that World will operate those DC10s. Be advised, this individual is generally considered to be an idiot and is easily confused by facts. If you see him on the ramp in KWI, give him a cookie and send him back to his plane.

Usually within 24 hours because training usually starts less than 2 weeks from your interview. I've seen training start a week after the interview.

The World Chief pilot told interviewing pilots last night that World is acquiring 3 DC-10's from the GAL acquisition.

The World Chief pilot told interviewing pilots last night that World is acquiring 3 DC-10's from the GAL acquisition.

I have heard 3 or 4 myself if the sale goes through. That being said I also heard the FAA had some problems with ATA's DC-10 training program and we all know airplanes don't make money on the ground. Good luck to the ATA guys on getting the program spooled up. I hope its not a case of internal sabotage to prove the point why they decided to give the DC-10's to World. Our management did the same to us on the 767's to justify buying NAA. They said we could not spool up ETOPs fast enough. Well we could have if they had started working on it when the DO and Chief Pilot were telling them to. Getting the DC-10's is good for my seat placement,but with that said I do not want to throw another pilot group under the bus to get there. Good luck to us all................

Any idea/forecast on the hiring window. I am one of the recent ABX furloughies(sp?). Second furlough from ABX, enough is enough, time to move on. World would be a perfect fit, but timing is everything.

Usually within 24 hours because training usually starts less than 2 weeks from your interview. I've seen training start a week after the interview.
Heads up, training is this month, info for those that need to free up their schedules.
I was going to ask if the guys interviewing had heard anything. Thanks for the info.

Anyone care to share the realistic hiring minimums?

My apoligies as I do not have current info. Last I heard competitive should be:

3000-4000 tt
1000 pic turbine
Glass a bonus
LOR if you can get one but many hired without so don't hang up on it.

From what I heard do back away from trying as folks have been hired with graetly varied times. If they have a slot to fill last minute and you're the one in front of them you may be it.....Good Luck

P.s. Anyone with more current please chime in!!!!

Latest resources

Back