World Hiring Again

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CCDiscoB

Oops, I accidentally posted this in the Charter section, no big deal I guess since it applies there too.

Interviews this month. Looking for 10 MD-11 F/Os, maybe a couple DC-10 F/Os too. If you're a PFE I would apply too. The announcement said they need two, whether these two come from the retired ranks or new hires I'm not sure. There is a rumor World is getting more -10s and if they do they will definitely need more PFEs.
If you're interested free up your calendar towards the end of the month. They don't give you much time when they call.

CC,

What does it take to get the call for an interview these days? Do they require an internal rec, or will they consider non-recs? Thanks.

CC,

What does it take to get the call for an interview these days? Do they require an internal rec, or will they consider non-recs? Thanks.

I went to a job fair with no internal recs and was in class 3 weeks later. This place is a blast -- but the future is uncertain, at best.

I went to a job fair with no internal recs and was in class 3 weeks later. This place is a blast -- but the future is uncertain, at best.

But still a better place to be than returning to a legacy if furloughed, right?

But still a better place to be than returning to a legacy if furloughed, right?

I can't speak for someone who's been furloughed. I can say this job has it's advantages, including great crews, great layovers, and home-basing. Plus more time off than any other airline I've heard of (I've had 3 weeks at home/month for 3 of the last 15 months -- Of course the price you pay is min guarantee.)

The future is uncertain because of the merger that has just been announced and the fact that we are losing 3 MD11's (out of a total 17 aircraft) with no definite replacements on the way -- rumors of more DC10's (yippee!) and orders for 747's that will supposedly arrive long after the third MD11 leaves notwithstanding.

Last edited:
I can't speak for someone who's been furloughed. I can say this job has it's advantages, including great crews, great layovers, and home-basing. Plus more time off than any other airline I've heard of (I've had 3 weeks at home/month for 3 of the last 15 months -- Of course the price you pay is min guarantee.)

The future is uncertain because of the merger that has just been announced and the fact that we are losing 3 MD11's (out of a total 17 aircraft) with no definite replacements on the way -- rumors of more DC10's (yippee!) and orders for 747's that will supposedly arrive long after the third MD11 leaves notwithstanding.

To be honest, i forgot all about the merger you are facing. I was impressed with everything I researched about World a few years ago when I was job hunting though. Good luck.

Googles,
What was your background before going to World? How often do you work the full 18 days away and how often is an 18 day stretch backed to another 18 day stretch? I love the see the world, live at home part but I'm not sure if my home life can be without me for over a month at a shot. What is the bad and the ugly? I spoke with World recently and need to decide how serious I really am. Thanks for any insight.
S

Are you looking to leave SAT? Why?

Not necessarily. Only if the right job comes along. Looking at long-term QOL issues and long-term survivability, there are a couple of ACMIs that are better than the rest, World being one of the better ones. Newer planes at World with a longer track record, as well as an followed/enforced contract. That all leads to a better life... That's all.

Latest resources

Back