Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

World Doing "Struck Work" Against ATA???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

WabiSabi

A little birdie told me that chatter at an ATA message board says that World is considered to be doing struck work. Give me a break! Hopefully it is just one or two loudmouthed idiots. The airplanes were released from the bankruptcy court so they are fair game.

Hey, I am sincerely sorry for your plight but geeze, World has been helping you guys with preferential interviews. Nobody is doing struck work.

ATA went on strike? How'd I miss that one?

The horror! Where do these guys come up with this sh1t? They must be the same ones who sued you guys for seniority intergration or 1 carrier status (cant remember exactly) and LOST!

A little birdie told me that chatter at an ATA message board says that World is considered to be doing struck work. Give me a break! Hopefully it is just one or two loudmouthed idiots. The airplanes were released from the bankruptcy court so they are fair game.

Hey, I am sincerely sorry for your plight but geeze, World has been helping you guys with preferential interviews. Nobody is doing struck work.

Hey wabi,

Why don't you give it a rest? I don't see any ATA pilots on here complaining about that charter. YOU are the one bringing it up. Are you trying to stir up crap, because it sure looks like it to me. What ATA pilots talk about on THEIR private message board is their business - not yours. And don't bring up the old argument of this continuing from when they shut down. You are the one who started this.

1800 RVR - former ATA pilot

Most of the time its better to let sleeping dogs lie. This is one of them times I think.

Hey wabi,

Why don't you give it a rest? I don't see any ATA pilots on here complaining about that charter. YOU are the one bringing it up. Are you trying to stir up crap, because it sure looks like it to me. What ATA pilots talk about on THEIR private message board is their business - not yours. And don't bring up the old argument of this continuing from when they shut down. You are the one who started this.

1800 RVR - former ATA pilot

No, I'm not trying to stir up crap. It's just when I hear BS like this it pisses me off.....especially with World's record of trying to help pilots laid off in mass. Not my business? Perhaps. Nevertheless, I wanted to make my point. I'll post whatever I want to post and if you don't like it, tough. Just express that you don't like it. However, don't tell me that I shouldn't post. If I violated a forum rule, then the moderators will take care of it.

No, I didn't start this.....unless you believe in shooting the messenger.

BTW; Some ATA pilots have implied such BS in past posts on this board.

Last edited:
No, I'm not trying to stir up crap. It's just when I hear BS like this it pisses me off.....especially with World's record of trying to help pilots laid off in mass. Not my business? Perhaps. Nevertheless, I wanted to make my point. I'll post whatever I want to post and if you don't like it, tough. Just express that you don't like it. However, don't tell me that I shouldn't post. If I violated a forum rule, then the moderators will take care of it.

No, I didn't start this.....unless you believe in shooting the messenger.

BTW; Some ATA pilots have implied such BS in past posts on this board.

And do you post about every single thing that pisses you off? If so, you need to let some of that stuff go. If an ATA pilot had posted that here, Then I say he is fair game. But you are the one who posted a remark made by someone on a private message board that you aren't even a part of? Why? It doesn't make sense to me. Are you going to post about every opinion that you don't agree with from the ATA message board? Where does it end? GIVE IT A REST!

I will agree with you on one point: your company has been great in hiring pilots laid off from ATA, Gemini, and I'm sure others. And I don't wish you any ill will at all, but I just don't understand why this was brought out in the open from 1 man's opinion? (and if you ask your "little birdie" to check that thread, you will see that it is 1 man, and only 1 man that feels that way.)

And do you post about every single thing that pisses you off? If so, you need to let some of that stuff go. If an ATA pilot had posted that here, Then I say he is fair game. But you are the one who posted a remark made by someone on a private message board that you aren't even a part of? Why? It doesn't make sense to me. Are you going to post about every opinion that you don't agree with from the ATA message board? Where does it end? GIVE IT A REST!

No, I don't feel the need to post on every point with which I disagree on other boards. However, I see this as a serious accusation against World and I was compelled to speak out.

I will agree with you on one point: your company has been great in hiring pilots laid off from ATA, Gemini, and I'm sure others. And I don't wish you any ill will at all, but I just don't understand why this was brought out in the open from 1 man's opinion? (and if you ask your "little birdie" to check that thread, you will see that it is 1 man, and only 1 man that feels that way.)

Fair enough.

The ATA poster was tracking our flight route and crew. Then calling them scabs. First they try to steal our seats, and now they call us scabs. Might be time to shut that door.

I think we have done enough,

Bel

The ATA poster was tracking our flight route and crew. Then calling them scabs. First they try to steal our seats, and now they call us scabs. Might be time to shut that door.

I think we have done enough,

Bel

Listen, I've said my peace. All this stupidness over 1 post. I'm sorry that you are so worked up over this. Again, this was not made public until wabi brought it up. You guys started this.

Latest resources

Back