• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

World Airways

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks again for all the info. I just thought of one more question if you would be so kind.

How much vacation time a year do you guys get and when does it increase? How does using vacation days work?

<1: pro-rated
>1 - <5: 14 days
>5 -<10: 21 days
>10: 28 days

Bid and awarded based on Senority.​

Thanks propilot. Yet one more please. Not sure how i forgot this one, but do you guys have flight benefits with other airlines? (Zeds, id90s, etc.) If so, are there any with any international carriers or are the agreements only with US airlines.

... two weeks on, two off that is somewhat vague. For instance, my friend said he recently did a 19 day trip which would be more than two weeks on.
Not sure if these were answered. Two on/two off is an easy way to say that you will get 12 days off a month. How you slice it is up to you. You want 7 off in first week and 5 off at end, sure. All 12 up front, sure. Whatever your seniorty can hold. BUT, if you bid the first half off one month and second half off the next, you will be avail to company for 30 days! Careful how you bid. However, for junior pilots, if you are assigned to work "back to back" then you can only be out 19 days.
How many days off per month is the min?
12 is the min. You can sell back 6 of those.
I know you said schedules vary, so does that mean a senior pilot has the potential to work less and get more days off?
Yes, I have an easy sched this month, not that I'm Mr Senior by any stretch. But that won't last. We're going to be very busy this fall and winter until we hire.
Can a pilot who is senior enough to hold a line bid reserve?
?? Is there an airline out there that doesn't allow senior pilots to bid reserve? Must be...our reserve goes senior. 76 hrs and home (at times).

Another question for the World folks. How does parking work at your home airport? Paid by company or you?

Unfortunately they do not pay for parking. Some are able to get employee passes at their home airport while others are working deals with the local FBO or off site parking lot. Deduct it from your taxes and keep in mind how nice it is not to have to jump seat and have the expense of a crash pad with 14 other swinging harries.

thanks for the reply. the home base is a huge benifit either way. one more question... any Wold people with insight on MSP as far as parking, etc???

thanks for the reply. the home base is a huge benifit either way. one more question... any Wold people with insight on MSP as far as parking, etc???

Employee parking is $48/month, parking at the Humphrey terminal. Problem is that there is a 10 continuous day limit. They didn't seem to be able to comprehend my situation and weren't too willing to make an exception to the rule, so they don't get my money. My wife drops me off and picks me up.

Thanks for the info. I guess need I need to get a wife... lol

Monthly parking costs can't even be compared to the cost of your typical American wife, from what I've heard.

Not having to commute and living WHERE YOU WANT, is the best thing since sliced cheese!!

Pt P

One more question regarding the training contract. If you were to get furloughed and found another job, is it still binding?

Holly Crap! How S**ty of a company would they be if they made you pay them back after that? I would think that NO court in this country would alow the contract to be held up under those circumstanses.

A few years ago I signed a training contract with their sister company and walked out 8 months later because the place sucked. I asked to be released from the contract and they agreed.

Latest resources

Back