• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

World Airways no more

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sad news for World. I am sorry for all who lost their careers there.

Still, the writing was on the wall about AMC. US Gov't is broke and can't keep fighting these wars for decades at a time. I'm surprised the mgmt at World didn't do more way in advance to prevent such a disaster. The military budget cuts were finalized more than 2 years ago, Obama said he would pull out of Iraq and A-ghan all the way back in'08.

Weird thing is, though, Delta has been doing a lot of CRAF flying of troop returns. I would've thought World, or someone cheaper than DAL, capture those contracts.

..Weird thing is, though, Delta has been doing a lot of CRAF flying of troop returns. I would've thought World, or someone cheaper than DAL, capture those contracts.
Yes they have been. Actually its cheaper for Delta to operate than for World. World was running 3 engine airplanes and AMC was only paying 2 engine rates. Even though no fuel cost, it added up apparently. World got caught with airplanes no one wanted to charter and greedy management that stole every penny for "management fees."

Latest resources

Back