• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

World Airways Interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Japan, korea, thailand, australia, hawaii, anchorage, philipines- s. America, africa, europe, kyrgystan, supposed to have contract soon from IAD to Geneva to kabul and of course the exotic middle east. Anything is really a possibility though!

Typical bid line is 1 week on 1 off 1 on 1 off or 2 on 2 off. as a reserve pilot if you get called out you may be gone 2 - 20 days( average 10)

Dc-10 is basically same except they dont usually do the real long haul flights- the 11 has some 14- 15 hour flights to Africa and asia, where the 10 has done mostly Europe and middle east- both the 10 and 11 are about evenly mixed with cargo and passenger flights
Most likely s.o. on dc-10 although as stated their seems to be more growth on the 11 so probably 25% will be luckey enough to start or switch to 11 very soon... lots of rumors about going to a 3rd type(767) by years end..... who knows!

The md-11 basically has the latest and greatest avionics
and is interesting to fly....I love both types although there is no doubt the dc-10 is much better to hand fly - and although similar the md-11 with the much smaller tail is much less forgiving on landing! the glass is night but the bunk is the best part although it requires sharing seat time with the other fo.

tabord said:
Alright folks, this is it!!!!

Your's truly has an interview with World Airways on Sept. 3rd and 4th. Any info some you World"ers" may have would be great, otherwise I'll let you know how it goes!!!!

Ciao!!!!

When I interviewed there a few years ago it was pretty laid back. We spent the morning over at Delta getting a presentation on the company and the pilots contract. They have a pretty good contract. After lunch, Capt Robinson went over our UPAS application with each pilot. No questions about any technical stuff.
After that, he took us over to the L-1011 sim and told us what the profile was. I can't remember it exactly, but you basically took-off from LAX, did some constant rate and airspeed climbing turns and such. You then intercepted and tracked a bearing to an NDB. On the way, he gave you a holding clearance at the Seal Beach VOR. If you gave him the correct entry, then you didn't have to do the hold. You then got vectors to the ILS (raw data) and landed. Be careful with the brakes on landing, it is easy to blow out the tires (a lot of guys did, I don't know if it makes any difference).

I got a call from Capt Robinson that I had been hired, but I had a lot of trouble getting back in touch with him. I was on furlough from another airline at the time, and already had another job lined up. By the time I got in touch with him, It was too late to get into their next class, and I was already in training at the other airline. He offered me a class a few months later, but I couldn't wait that long. I really regret not going to work there, and If I had it to do over again, I would have waited, instead I now languish in the DCI hell making 1/3 of the money I would have made at World. My advice is to find a way to get in touch with Capt Robinson ASAP if they offer you a job.

I have several friends from my old airline who are still at World, and they seem happy, but they do spend a lot of time away from home (if that is a problem for you).

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back