World Airways Interview & Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

timetoquit

I posted this in the Majors forum as well....I have a World interview in a few weeks and wanted to know some more details about their operation:

1. Are they hiring for the MD11 or DC10?
2. Is there a training contract?
3. How long is training and are you paid during?
4. How long are upgrades?
5. Does World furlough often?
6. How does World compare to other similar companies (Gemini, Omni, etc)?
7. What's the deal with the 744s?

Also, does anyone have a link to the new contract?

And last of all, do you recommend leaving a DC10 operator where upgrade is coming quick to go to World long term?

Thanks for your help in advance!

timetoquit said:
I posted this in the Majors forum as well....I have a World interview in a few weeks and wanted to know some more details about their operation:

And last of all, do you recommend leaving a DC10 operator where upgrade is coming quick to go to World long term?

PM either Gogglespisano or CCdisco. They are both World pilots.

I can answer a few of these
1. Almost certain MD11
2. Yes 48000 over 2 years starting at Type Ride
3. Approx 45 to 50 days. You are paid $1000 a month plus $57.60 a day perdeim (untaxed) and your hotel is paid for. Taking the tax advantage, its about $3000 a month.
4. Upgrade is running 5 to 6 years right now
5. Unknown
6. No basis to compare
7. Ask at the interview, then let everyone else know.

timetoquit said:

3. You come off of trng pay when you do your loft which is usually the day after your Type PC.

5. The last furlough was right after 9/11 it was 22 S/O's and 11 were back in 6 weeks the other 11 were 8 weeks.

As far your last question only you know the answer. I have been here 5.5 years and call me sick but I love it. Its not all great and wonderful bbut like every other job its all what you make it to be. As far as I am concerned I get paid to stay on a global beer tour and the kicker is getting to fly myself to each pub. And to boot they pay me pretty well to do it......

weasel_lips said:
Was that a typo? A $48,000 training contract?????

I am not sure anymore. When I was hired it was 15 months but it may have gone up. The dollar amount is however correct as far as I know. Delta has not started giving away MD-11 sim time and they really want folks that want to stick around. Unlike many non scheds World has been around 58 yrs now and we have a couple of PFE's that were hired in the early 60's still flying with us on the DC-10. They want you to stay around and the 2 years will fly by......

It is not a bad gig,World is probably the best non non sched. to work for.If you are willing to work a little you can pull in some good coin also.

I'd say the average is 2 weeks on 2 weeks off. The max you'd stay out these days is 18-19 days. You can volunteer for more if you want. I can't remember the last time I stayed out 18 days. If you go to the DC-10 you'll be home so much you won't know what to do with yourself.

Latest resources

Back