• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

World Airways Hiring?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What are you two asking? So what? as in what's the latest news? or what.. please be more clear.

I sort of doubt it! There are 53 +/- on furlough and they are only looking at 15 +/- for recall. I don't see hiring anytime soon and for that matter I am wary until Mgmt. gets there sh*t in one sock and comes up with more of a long term plan. Don't want to burst your bubble but, buyer beware so to to speak.

That's too bad. I was kind of hoping to get on there. Hopefully they will call back everyone and do some hiring soon.

Hey don't take anything I say for gospel as I am just a line Capt. and if I had a crystal ball I would have sold my soul and gone into Management. Honor and Character are so over rated right after True Love. For the first time in 10 years I am looking around just to see what may be available. Not saying I am punching out, but looking around. I might add its depressing out there. Fair skies and tail winds to all who have chosen this passion to make a living with.

News gets worse

Its actually worse then what's being written. According to management we are losing 4 planes by this time next year. The 3 remaining DC-10s and the temp MD-11. We're moving backwards. Prob more displacements and furloughs. Same with our flight attendants. So obviously hiring will not happen for a long time.
I don't see hiring anytime soon and for that matter I am wary until Mgmt. gets there sh*t in one sock and comes up with more of a long term plan.
It would be nice to have an idea what they are planning.
For the first time in 10 years I am looking around just to see what may be available. Not saying I am punching out, but looking around.
Sadly I'm starting to think the same thing

"For the first time in 10 years I am looking around just to see what may be available."

I've noticed World seems to be reeling worse that I expected from the recent economic problems.

Last edited:
Hey don't take anything I say for gospel as I am just a line Capt. and if I had a crystal ball I would have sold my soul and gone into Management. Honor and Character are so over rated right after True Love. For the first time in 10 years I am looking around just to see what may be available. Not saying I am punching out, but looking around. I might add its depressing out there. Fair skies and tail winds to all who have chosen this passion to make a living with.

Not to make things any more depressing for you and others but incase you haven't been scanning the job market in a while... it's been utterly miserable and filled with nothing. The few jobs out there are the absolute bottom feeder type jobs like that outfit flying Twin Cessna's out of Martha's Vinyard and a couple of Miami 36th street type ACMI's... The majority of "decent" work is over seas, mainly in China, and some in the Middle East, but most of that has also dried up.

Bad as things might seem at World, it's better than anything you're likely to find out here... especially if you're in the left seat.

Best wishes

Latest resources

Back