• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Working for atc

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ATA positions are not ATC career positions. They pay around 35K and do not have federal career progression. They are not an end around for a GS-2152 ATC position you do not meet the age requirements for an ATC appointment.

I did not mean to imply that the ATA position was a way around the Controller age requirement, and apologize if anybody took it that way.

OTOH, you are still a federal employee and eligible for jobs that are not or may not be available to non-gov't employees. I would try for one if I hadn't just been hired into a management position with a small airline.

Anyone have any idea when they will open up the application process for those who did not complete the AT-CIT program?

Apologies I had the wrong link saved. According to FAA HR there may be another application window for public hires around the August timeframe. The success rate of 'PUB' hires at the large facilities has been very low. The lower level facilities that are in the local commuting area of big facilities are beginning to fill up with 'washouts'. As these folks either become successful CPCs or exit the FAA the need to put additional PUB hires in the pipeline should increase.

just wondering what it takes to get a job working for atc I have checked out the website and requirements but I was wondering about real world requirements I dont have a four year degree but I have been a pilot in the 135 world for the last five years or so and I am 28
Just wondering?
What are you going to do after 2025 when they aren't going to have ATC controllers? NextGen

Ok valid points and the FAA staffing plan has been a 25 year loser no doubt and the B scale needs to go away. . But if I live in Northern California and I accept a position at Norcal Tracon I can reasonably expect to checkout in 2 yrs (if I make it) and I can make 115K without OT that year and 140k within 5yrs. What is my other option for that pay gradient in aviation?

Jail-sexing the corporate jet's CEO????

Anyone have any idea when they will open up the application process for those who did not complete the AT-CIT program?

OKC HR is saying July for the next OTS announcement. Checkout Stuckmic.com - ATC employment forum...you will find out all kinds of information.

Latest resources

Back