Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

C172gal05

Fr8T Dawg in Training
Ok I just gotta ask.... I hear all the time from men that women have a better shot in getting jobs because we are women..yet the women (very few) that I have talked to all snap back quick with a no way...women still have just as hard of a time as men?? Does it seem that way because it is still a male dominated field??
Love to hear what everyone thinks!!

Having a wanker is definately a disadvantage in any professional field. Combine that with the further misfortune of being white and your pretty well screwed these days. I still wouldn't want to be a chick though:rolleyes:

*chirp chirp chirp*

If a guy and a girl are both applying for a job and the women gets the job I'll bet 90% of the guys who didn't get hired, would say it is because she is a women. In reality I'm guessing there is not that much of a difference. Obviously there are people out there who would refuse to hire a women, where as others would love to fly with a women. In some cases i can see how there would be a preference toward women for the sake of diversity. My girlfriend's a pilot at about the same level as myself, i'm be curious to see who gets hired first......

i flew on a RJ one time with 2 female pilots, took us forever to leave the gate

A vagina, especially one surrounded by darker than average skin, besides appealing more to me, seems to appeal more to those in the hiring departments than the average pale penis.

When it comes to women and aviation (and not just aviation), I believe a women would be hired over a male.....because of her sex. I think this is an unfair advantage...(and yes, I am a woman). I think a person should be hired because of their skills as a pilot or whatever they may be applying for rather then what "tool" they have beneath their underwear.

Don't some companies have to hire at least a certain amount of minorities? Just because?

I think it also depends on the industry. I recently stayed with my father in a hopsital for over a week. during that time, he was visited by a doctor maybe three times. The nurses were his primary care. Over that week I met 14 female nurses, zero males.

I was told that a male nurse would be hired hands down over a female one any day of the week. The main reason given was diversity. A predominantly male industry will hire females. And a predominantly female industry will hire males.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back