• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Women vs. Men in Aviation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How to stop discrimination in hiring: Make it illegal to show any reference to, or keep any records of sex or race on company employees. No reference on the job application, no records kept to report. If it's illegal to keep a record or have a reference to any race on file, then there would be no motivation to hire a person based on race or gender. This is a pipe dream, of course, but think about it. How could this not work?

That'd never work. You've still got names, which is easy to figure out. Don't forget face to face interviews too.

CapnVegetto said:
That'd never work. You've still got names, which is easy to figure out. Don't forget face to face interviews too.
I know it would never work because it would never happen. But in theory, an employer would hire who they want, based on the individual without trying to put some stupid check in a box.
Maybe we'd put a few of these uppity womenz back in the kitchen where they belong! ;)

Remember that clip from the man show when they are in uniform at the bar.

Yeah there are women pilots. They just aren't any good.

Now that was a funny skit.

I have found that women still have to be qualified. I have interviewed at jobs with other women who were qualified and still didn't get the job and some of the men did. I guess it depends on who you know, were you are interviewing and your personality.

I didn't get a job once because I was a woman and the individual that owned the plane didn't feel comfortable with a woman pilot.

I think it is a little tougher in the corporate world than the airline world. I know more women flying for airlines than I do flying corporate and 135.

I applied to United Airlines with a friend of mine who happens to be a woman, and we joked that this would finally dispel the myth that guys are at a disadvantage. I had twice the flight time she did (3500 hrs to her 1600+/-), and I had a 4 year degree from ERAU to her 2 year associates degree from a community college (I graduated with a GPA well above hers too). We joked that if she even got called it would be a miracle. We filled out our Apps and mailed em the same moment, and both got the return receipt about a week later.

End result.....She got called for an interview 23 days after applying (they wanted to follow up the letter in case she hadn't received it yet). I never heard a word. So you tell me, who had the advantage.

TheChief said:
great...all we need are more cracks in the cockpit
We all be hoes...some of us jus be prettier than the others.

So how many of you fill out the questionaire (that they say is optional) about gender, ethnicity, veteran's status when hired by somebody? Being a white male I usually leave it blank, maybe that will keep the bean counters guessing. Then they won't know for certain how badly certain minorities are being under-represented so in the future I can get a better shot at a job!

I agree with the sentiment that hiring should be based on ability and qualifications, not gender or race. Period, end of sentence.

Diesel said:
Remember that clip from the man show when they are in uniform at the bar. Now that was a funny skit.

"Yes we have women pilots...they're not very good...but we have 'em" :D

Now cmon, howd they figure this out...coincidence?? :p

~T-HAWK

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back