• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Women Freight Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Would this be an appropriate time to ask for a Moderator's opinion on the quality and socially redeeming value of this post?

Mr. Fox Tree, laugh it up...tell all your friends about your post and how you really "zinged" Capt. Megadeth...

"Clams"? I feel sorry for your mother, sisters, Lord In Heaven, any woman foolish enough to date you (but you are a pilot, chicks dig that right?)... and should you be burdened with any children with clam shaped genitalia, I pray they humiliate and torture you with superior intellect, logic, and charisma until your dying day.

You are a class act. Keep it up. FedEx will be so very proud.

Yep....here we go again with the "woe is me.....I am a white male and we all can't get airline jobs because all the unqualified women are taking them, meanwhile I am at ****ING FEDEX and still b!tch about it" I am so sorry that the airline recruiters didn't come to your house and beg you to come work for their company because you are such a studly pilot ace. :rolleyes:

On another note, FFFO...thanks.

capt. megadeth said:
Yep....here we go again with the "woe is me.....I am a white male and we all can't get airline jobs because all the unqualified women are taking them, meanwhile I am at ****ING FEDEX and still b!tch about it" I am so sorry that the airline recruiters didn't come to your house and beg you to come work for their company because you are such a studly pilot ace.
capt. megadeth said:

On another note, FFFO...thanks.

You are right FFFO, I edited my post. My comment was in poor taste. I didn't care for the "toolbox" comment over a little joking - but I went a bit over myself.

Capt. M - I'm not b!tching. I’ve always managed to land the jobs I wanted. I'm quite happy with my situation.

I just think companies should hire the best qualified pilots - period. They obviously don't always do that or we wouldn’t be having this discussion.

Mr. Fox Tree, thank you for editing your post.

The reason these organizations exist (99's and Women In Aviation) is because of attitudes that still persist regarding women in the workplace.
You have helped prove this point.

I belong to one of these groups because my DAD bought me a membership.

It has not given me any money, scholarships, or interview gouge. I have, however, been told by a former chief that I didn't get an Asst. Chief slot becuase "the other guy's wife is going to have a baby, and you are next in line anyway, he needs this job NOW". Wonder if I had gotten knocked up if that would've HELPED my situation.

I look forward to the day these groups are purely social in agenda. In the meantime, I have to work hard just like everybody else.
Peace...

two more than before they were added to the senority list too

Fox-Tree said:
I just think companies should hire the best qualified pilots - period. They obviously don't always do that or we wouldn’t be having this discussion.

I agree. When I got hired at the airlines that hired me, I was definitely qualified and I always had some in my class with more experience and some (white) guys with less. AND, we wouldn't be having this discussion if some of you would let go of the fact that some women (keyword - SOME) got hired with lesser qualifications. Just because some have gotten hired in the past does not mean we all do. Trust me...I wish it never happened because I am sick of defending myself to people like you, meanwhile, guy whitey with 2500 TT doesn't have to say jack (but he knew the right person) because everyone assumes he is qualified when in fact he is not. Get my drift?

Last edited:
I agree with capt. megadeth...getting hired appears to have more to do with who you know rather than what gender you happen to be.

FFFO said:
The reason these organizations exist (99's and Women In Aviation) is because of attitudes that still persist regarding women in the workplace.

The 99's is an organization with a very long history, mainly as a social and good-works organization, but also as a cross-country race sponsor. (My grandmother was a charter member.) The 99's began at a time when women couldn't get jobs in aviation -- a situation that continued until the 1970s.

The Ancient and Secret Order of Quiet Birdmen is a men-only group that dates back to the 20s (as do the 99s). This doesn't seem to upset women pilots nearly as much as the women-only groups upset men. Why is that? My grandparents happily belonged to the QBs and the 99s respectively, and were glad to have the spouse-free socializing. That didn't have much to do with workplace attitudes, though. ;)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back