• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Woerth to Head the FAA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why do you say Boyer "was not an intellectually honest man"?
Because he would get involved in tort litigation on the side of the Plaintiffs, despite all of his public statements in favor of tort reform. He would also allow AOPA staff to get involved with smaller matters like diminution in value claims against little A&P shops, like the letter my mechanic asked me for help with demanding $17,000 in diminution on AOPA letterhead on a Cessna that had a wingtip position light lense replaced at a cost of about $325.

If you were privy to last year's member survey, a significant number of responses were "Fire Boyer." Somebody listened.

It would not surprise me to see him on the Plaintiff whore circuit with Art Wolk.

Last edited:
Because he would get involved in tort litigation on the side of the Plaintiffs, despite all of his public statements in favor of tort reform.

I'm sorry Fins, I'm a simple pilot...I understand torts a little but can you give me an example of what you're talking about?

I personally thought AOPA's briefs in defense of Parker Hannifin regarding the 2000 Mel Carnahan Cessna 335 crash in Missouri were particularly useful to GA...especially since the vacuum pumps DID NOT fail!

Are you talking something along those lines?

This relentless litigation is why just about any new Piper starts at a half million and they sell so few. General Aviation is dead & dying, thanks to Boyer's buddies in the Plaintiff Bar.

Its certainly not the late 60s/early 70s, but you wouldn't know that by the number of Cirrus aircraft sold every year. I don't have the latest AIN or BCA in front of me but the last info I can find online is that in 2007, piston deliveries (2755) slipped 3% from 2006 (2675 units).

New Piper also said their deliveries YTD through the first 3 quarters of 2008 is up 18% compared to the same 3 quarters of 2007.

I'll PM you my reply.

Bottom line, don't like Boyer and glad he's gone.

Your moniker "getting paid" is exactly right. Boyer helped make flying more expensive and always preferred the NBAA crowd over his own supporters.

Last edited:
How many former trade unionists would have been considered for top administrative positions under the current white house? Zero.

If appointed, DW has the opportunity to actually fix all of the problems that he identified when he was representing the commercial pilot users of the system.

Lots could change and likely will if he secures the position. Airline boardrooms should cringe as their influence is about to drop close to nil.

Now as for the NMB........

I can't believe the attitudes of some people on this board. If Duane is appointed to this position, you finally have a chance of getting good flight/duty time rules. Duane will also help the controllers get a decent contract so we don't have constant turnover in ATC positions and a bunch of inexperienced kids vectoring us around crowded airspace. I hope Duane gets it. We could use the help in high places.

I can't believe the attitudes of some people on this board. If Duane is appointed to this position, you finally have a chance of getting good flight/duty time rules. Duane will also help the controllers get a decent contract so we don't have constant turnover in ATC positions and a bunch of inexperienced kids vectoring us around crowded airspace. I hope Duane gets it. We could use the help in high places.

I agree DW as FAA Administrator would be favorable to airline pilots...but I'm concerned about potential favoritism toward his former constituents via policy, at the expense of business and/or general aviation. I hope I'm wrong for having that concern.

All things told though, I think holding an ATP should be required of anyone in that position...

Duane will also help the controllers get a decent contract so we don't have constant turnover in ATC positions and a bunch of inexperienced kids vectoring us around crowded airspace.

Guess what: you're going to get that anyway as the senior controllers retire in droves in the upcoming few years.

With a huge national deficit I wouldn't expect this to be the "top priority" when it comes to settling contracts.

stlflyguy

+1

It's amazing to me how blind with anger some of you ALPA haters are. Duane running the FAA could be, in my opinion, a very positive thing for the airline piloting profession. I'm under no illusion that we're going to get everything we want just because we have Democrats in power and Duane possibly running the FAA but c'mon! A unionist, ex-airlne pilot running the FAA? I hope very much this comes true.

Latest resources

Back