• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

WN to ground 190 flights

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey all...my buddy told me the guy who runs the training department in Dallas said that there's no more classes after the LONE Sept class.

He also said that they were "overmanned for the winter schedule."

so you'll be staying in the AF a little longer?

We are being told that this reduction will be short in nature...ie the March schedule should include more flights. Not so sure all 4% of the reduction will be re-introduced in March..but at least the plan is to get things moving again. All hiring stops...for now...after the 2 classes (tankerclown) in September.

Sorry that all those who were hoping for the imminent demise of SWA (aa767av8tor) will have to wait a bit longer.

Last edited:
Isn't one of Southwest's guiding priciples to manage in the good times for the bad times. Does this mean that there are bad times ahead?

Sorry that all those who were hoping for the imminent demise of SWA (aa767av8tor) will have to wait a bit longer.

SWA737-700,

Perhaps you didn’t understand my post. I never said anything about the demise of LUV. I pointed out how SWAPA’s support of Age 65 is now coming back to bit the lower half of your seniority group. Kelly is alluding publicly to zero growth for 2009. Your union’s support of Age 65 was very shortsighted and selfish and has hurt a great many in our profession.

Age 65 also helps set the stage for a more seamless assimilation to international cabotage. What's your plan to compete against a Lan Chile pilot that could be flying point to point across the U.S. in a few years that is making ½ of your pay check?

It’s no secret that LUV’s most advantageous fuel hedges are flaming out over the next 2-3 years. It’s also no secret that LUV will face some great challenges over the next few years. Your prices have nowhere to go but up over the next three years thus affecting a great many of your most price conscious customers who will choose to simply stay home.

For a group that supposedly has been in the driver’s seat for the last two decades, your union has accomplished very little for the rest of the profession. Instead of bringing some meaningful and constructive improvement to our industry, SWAPA was a main driver of one of the most destructive rules since B-scale. Congratulations.

AA767AV8TOR

That's quite ironic coming from a Song guy. Looks like a DAL guy could do well for themeselves by working for sh!t wages.

What's even more ironic is you have absolutely no idea who I work for. Actually you seem to have no idea about anything. But thanks for playing.

Poor AA767 cry about it a little more. BOO HOO! What has you union done for the profession lately?
Oh yeah the hedges are running out again...thats the first time someone has posted that.

Latest resources

Back