• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

WN Expands Into BOS-PHL Market

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Get your mom's head out of the way so I can remove the sand.

No, what you heard was......Ding......."another pay for training added to our bottom line"
BTW gup, I don't work for LCC and could give a rat's ass about them!

HA funny you post 20x a day aobut them but dont care. Sure keep telling yourself that. What else are you in denial of ?

Do you mean "THEIR" $1.2 billion loss? Or mind THEIR own business? Man, do you look dumb. Also, losses are mostly write downs, and cash on hand is more important, which is still increasing for DL.

Speaking of 1.2 Billion, is that how many twitter followers Kevin Smith has? They all LUV Southwest now I bet.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Their's all sorts of modified English in my posts.

My bad, your right: Minus paying the bills, you did make money.

We probably lost a pax or too with this whole Kevin Smith thing. Those type people probably never visit AMA, MAF, or LBB anyways. Sux, but I am sure their's a way we'll make it w/o him. He and the chick that showed her cooch to everyone can go on Oprah together.

Scope...sadly, you aren't even funny. I definitally don't mind seeing a guy stir the pot, but you are kinda lame. If you post stupid stuff, at least make sure it's funny...or at least originial.

Anxiously awaiting a get the general coffee response,

TC

Brother I dont know Gup or you but if I was a betting man ( which I am :) ) I will wager Gup has a way hotter wife of g/f than you.

Brother, I'm not a betting man, but I'll wager that Tanker Clown has a hotter man that you do!:laugh:

I'm glad I could start a thread that turned into this. All you guys trashing each others' mother's and girlfriend's. It makes me sad to see all of my sons treating their own brothers so poorly.

For my intelligent children, they'll understand.

West Texas or BOS--PHL? DL had a few CRJs on the PHL to BOS route, but we all know that was a bust against USAir A319s and E190s. West Texas lost DL service a long time ago, when DL had a DFW base and flew 737-200s to all of those cities. The main cause in my opinion was the cancer called RJs. The DL President at the time, a Fred Greed, thought RJs were the SHIZNET. He loved them, and thought businessmen wanted FREQUENCY, not quality. The 737-200s did well in DFW initially, but then SWA started FLA service, and the thought was to move the 737s out of DFW and into FLA to start DL Express. What replaced the 737s in West Texas? You got it--RJs. Greed actually put RJs on OAK-DFW-DCA service, which was another bust against AA MD80s. Eventually, Greed was given his slip, and what did he do then? He started Virgin America Airlines using Airbus planes, instead of RJs. RJs have a certain place in our industry, but when times go bad or when you compete with LCCs with larger plane, then RJs lose everytime. Thankfully, DL has parked over 100 RJs since last year, and more are on the way. And, the Gov't forced Fred Greed to leave airlines in the USA and probably move back to Germany.

There is your story.

Whew !!!...Florida....OAK-DFW-DCA...Virgin America...?

Short version....DAL pilots blindly did nothing about RJ's until it was too late, and Delta couldn't compete in West Texas...nor DFW as time would tell.

There's the short story...

Last edited:
I have to agree. I got my multi and then turbine 121 PIC without ever paying for a job. It doesn't matter how good the contract is. Being an air whore is being an air whore. No, I never applied to Southwest even though I had several thousand hours 121 PIC and an advanced degree.

I had no desire to fly for UPS or FEDEX but I still applied.

And a advanced degree from Embry-Riddle is nothing to brag about...I have one too and know I am not smarter from it and how not hard it is to get it.

Latest resources

Back