• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

WN Expands Into BOS-PHL Market

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Maybe USAir will respond in kind with hourly service between Lubbock and Amarillo, Midland Odessa, and El Paso. That would show those SWA jackholes that they may be able to break into the monopoly USAir HAD between BOS and PHL, but they won't be able to keep their vice hold on WEST TEXAS! Come on Parker, throw some old Mesa RJs on there, or maybe use some old 737-400s from the CLT base! Do something! Maybe add a bunch of Piedmont Dash-8s to ISP and FLOOD the PLACE!!!

Bye Bye--General Lee

Or, Delta could mind there own business, and take care of there $1.2 Ba Ba Ba Ba Ba Billion loss in 2009.

Does anyone else find it funny that the 'scope out rj's' guy is giving SWA airlines a hard time?

GuppyWN, Whataburger and gang; congrats on your TA and scoping out RJ's.

West Texas or BOS--PHL? DL had a few CRJs on the PHL to BOS route, but we all know that was a bust against USAir A319s and E190s. West Texas lost DL service a long time ago, when DL had a DFW base and flew 737-200s to all of those cities. The main cause in my opinion was the cancer called RJs. The DL President at the time, a Fred Greed, thought RJs were the SHIZNET. He loved them, and thought businessmen wanted FREQUENCY, not quality. The 737-200s did well in DFW initially, but then SWA started FLA service, and the thought was to move the 737s out of DFW and into FLA to start DL Express. What replaced the 737s in West Texas? You got it--RJs. Greed actually put RJs on OAK-DFW-DCA service, which was another bust against AA MD80s. Eventually, Greed was given his slip, and what did he do then? He started Virgin America Airlines using Airbus planes, instead of RJs. RJs have a certain place in our industry, but when times go bad or when you compete with LCCs with larger plane, then RJs lose everytime. Thankfully, DL has parked over 100 RJs since last year, and more are on the way. And, the Gov't forced Fred Greed to leave airlines in the USA and probably move back to Germany.

There is your story.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Not to mention all the Turboprops that Delta had(ASA)/acquired(Mesaba) in the merger. Also all the 146's are gone now replaced by RJ's (yea they are the "supers" but still POS RJ's) Too bad the lift dumped hasn't been replaced by anything. Just lost flying (for the benefit of the merger) Several cities have been completely turned over to United with several others on the same path with the end of the Saab and reduction of the CRJ2. The truth is now coming out of where the savings of the merger are at (mostly at the expense of the regionals and reduced customer service) Yes C.S. has dropped for example, only 1 yes 1 jetbridge was kept in Columbus OH from the NWA days... because Delta (the new bla bla) didn't want to pay for the usage of the bridges. The same number of flights get to now share only 1 bridge. Everyone else (basically all the CRJ series thanks to that crappy air stair design) now has to deal with the ramp walk.... This really peevs off the passenger yet Delta's choice to do so doesnt' factor in with the passenger surveys that then crap on the "regional" stuck with serving that situation. Hmmm wonder why those that operate EMB's have the passenger sat. advantage since they basically HAVE to use a bridge.

Or, Delta could mind there own business, and take care of there $1.2 Ba Ba Ba Ba Ba Billion loss in 2009.

Do you mean "THEIR" $1.2 billion loss? Or mind THEIR own business? Man, do you look dumb. Also, losses are mostly write downs, and cash on hand is more important, which is still increasing for DL.

Speaking of 1.2 Billion, is that how many twitter followers Kevin Smith has? They all LUV Southwest now I bet.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Get your mom's head out of the way so I can remove the sand.

No, what you heard was......Ding......."another pay for training added to our bottom line"
BTW gup, I don't work for LCC and could give a rat's ass about them!

I have to agree. I got my multi and then turbine 121 PIC without ever paying for a job. It doesn't matter how good the contract is. Being an air whore is being an air whore. No, I never applied to Southwest even though I had several thousand hours 121 PIC and an advanced degree.

Not to mention all the Turboprops that Delta had(ASA)/acquired(Mesaba) in the merger. Also all the 146's are gone now replaced by RJ's (yea they are the "supers" but still POS RJ's) Too bad the lift dumped hasn't been replaced by anything. Just lost flying (for the benefit of the merger) Several cities have been completely turned over to United with several others on the same path with the end of the Saab and reduction of the CRJ2. The truth is now coming out of where the savings of the merger are at (mostly at the expense of the regionals and reduced customer service) Yes C.S. has dropped for example, only 1 yes 1 jetbridge was kept in Columbus OH from the NWA days... because Delta (the new bla bla) didn't want to pay for the usage of the bridges. The same number of flights get to now share only 1 bridge. Everyone else (basically all the CRJ series thanks to that crappy air stair design) now has to deal with the ramp walk.... This really peevs off the passenger yet Delta's choice to do so doesnt' factor in with the passenger surveys that then crap on the "regional" stuck with serving that situation. Hmmm wonder why those that operate EMB's have the passenger sat. advantage since they basically HAVE to use a bridge.

Face it, most RJs are on the way out. Higher gas, passenger discomfort, and bad press have become a liability for almost all of the majors. It is tough to say you get one level of service, when in reality you just don't.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I have to agree. I got my multi and then turbine 121 PIC without ever paying for a job. It doesn't matter how good the contract is. Being an air whore is being an air whore. No, I never applied to Southwest even though I had several thousand hours 121 PIC and an advanced degree.

A great quote from our pilot advocate attack dog - we'll call him PD:
"listen up bc this is very important, we do NOT care what other people and places think about how we do business."

let me congratulate you on whatever choices you've made and re-iterate that most of us could not care less about what anyone thinks about the type requirement.

(btw- bet you paid for flight school - CFI's--- IMO same thing.)

Do you mean "THEIR" $1.2 billion loss? Or mind THEIR own business? Man, do you look dumb. Also, losses are mostly write downs, and cash on hand is more important, which is still increasing for DL.

Bye Bye--General Lee

1.2 billion. That's about how many posts you had last year telling us all that DAL would be making a profit in 2009. Wrong again...as usual.

Did you pay for your "advanced degree?"

Let us put this move by SWA in perspective. If these routes by Southwest works out, US Airways Group lock on the Philadelphia to Boston Market is history. Great for SWA, unfortunate for USAirways.

Time for changing of the guard.

Considering the BOSPHL market is mostly served by the ever-shrinking E190 Fleet for USAir, I think they have all but given up on that.

Just as another poster said, USAir has been running from SWA for a long time.

Hopefully that fat dude doesn't live in BOS and/or PHL.

Latest resources

Back