• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

"With you"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Actually I am. My F/Os laugh at all the stupid stuff I point out that people do and most of them say they never thought of it ..........and that I was right.

That's called courtesy laughter because you're such a jerk they're afraid of you. OMG, get real, man!

Actually I am. My F/Os laugh at all the stupid stuff I point out that people do and most of them say they never thought of it ..........and that I was right.

Oh I am sure they laugh....

Ignorance is bliss, ain't it?

That is a courtesy laugh. We are really thinking that you are an idiot and counting the minutes till we are done with the trip.

Why do you think us FO's give a damn what you think?

I flew with this fuel control freak who would stare at the pfd untill my climb profile matched our ops of 270. Same guy who "recommended" me multiple times that I level off at 500fpm instead of 1000. News flash to Captains, your way is not the only way to fly the airplane.

Professional pilots sound like student pilots when they use "with you" in their initial transmissions to ATC. Here's a clue -- ATC knows you are "with them" by the fact you are talking to them! It's redundant and a waste of radio time....especially the stupid "checking in with you". Try dropping the "with you" crap and sound a bit more professional and like you've flown in other parts of the world. Next time you hear "with you" consider how stupid it sounds....and is. It's just a bad habit.

Also...drop the "Any chance..." when what you really meant to do is request something. i.e. "Comair 123 requesting direct xyz".

I suppose you think this is what a good aviator should be.

I did IOE with a CA a year ago who always talked about "proper radio phraseology". He never used slang on the radio, and anyone who did was "begging for a violation". He was lecturing me one day about radio calls, when, all of the sudden, he had to replace batteries on his noise canceling headset. At 30 degrees of bank and 150ft off of assigned alt. I had to take the plane until he finished replacing his batteries for his precious noise canceling headset. Instead of 25 hrs of IOE he did 40. I bet you and him would get along great. With priorities as messed up as yours it’s scary that you ever made captain.

I kept you in mind when I flew today, I used "4.6" 133and a quarter" "climbing 41 and a half for 43" "good morning" "any chance of" "on and hold" "gooday"(with an aussie accent) and "with you" about 50 times, in the hopes you would be listening somewhere. I think when approach tells me to follow traffic for the runway tomorrow I'll read back, "lining up for the cattle drive for rwy 26" Maybe I'll even throw a 30 second uuuuuuhhhhh uuuuummmm in there for ya.

For the record, when your FOs laugh, they are thinking "I better laugh at this dork or he is gonna make this a long miserable flight/tour".

I suppose you think this is what a good aviator should be.

I did IOE with a CA a year ago who always talked about "proper radio phraseology". He never used slang on the radio, and anyone who did was "begging for a violation". He was lecturing me one day about radio calls, when, all of the sudden, he had to replace batteries on his noise canceling headset. At 30 degrees of bank and 150ft off of assigned alt. I had to take the plane until he finished replacing his batteries for his precious noise canceling headset. Instead of 25 hrs of IOE he did 40. I bet you and him would get along great. With priorities as messed up as yours it’s scary that you ever made captain.

I kept you in mind when I flew today, I used "4.6" 133and a quarter" "climbing 41 and a half for 43" "good morning" "any chance of" "on and hold" "gooday"(with an aussie accent) and "with you" about 50 times, in the hopes you would be listening somewhere. I think when approach tells me to follow traffic for the runway tomorrow I'll read back, "lining up for the cattle drive for rwy 26" Maybe I'll even throw a 30 second uuuuuuhhhhh uuuuummmm in there for ya.

For the record, when your FOs laugh, they are thinking "I better laugh at this dork or he is gonna make this a long miserable flight/tour".

Weren't you "checkin' in at Three Five Oh" today?

Latest resources

Back