"With you"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A Squared said:
I'm not really sure what you're trying to do here. WHy would you be talking to tower if that's not your destination? If you're talking to tower, why would you call them "approach"? and if you're IFR, why would you be squawking 1200 or conversely, if you're VFR, why would you tell them you're "instruments" (whatever that means; find "instuments" in the AIM)

Are you trying to proceed VFR to the primary airport? are you trying to get VFR flight following? are you trying to pick up an IFR clearance in the air? what are you trying to do? I expect the controller will be at least as confused as me, unless there's something he knows that you're not telling us. .

OOPs, :eek: meant, that I would call up departure, at the nearby controlled airport. I frequently take off from here, vfr, or with a void time clearance. If I have a void time, I get a squak code from them before I leave the ground, but if I can maintain vfr, I get off the ground and say hello, but not "with you":)

sky37d said:
OOPs, :eek: meant, that I would call up departure, at the nearby controlled airport. I frequently take off from here, vfr, or with a void time clearance. If I have a void time, I get a squak code from them before I leave the ground, but if I can maintain vfr, I get off the ground and say hello, but not "with you":)

OK, if you're on a clearence and have a code, that clearence will have been coordinated through the approach facility. They will already know who you are, where you're coming from, where you're going and what you're squawking. All you need to say is: XYZ approach, Skymaster 123xz, through 900, climbing 5,000.

If you're VFR and you want to pick up your clearance , I'd say something like, XYZ Approach, Skymaster 123xz, off ABC, request clearance to PDQ. If you've filed your IFR flightplan, the controller at approach should have your info.

Fearless Tower said:
A Squared said:
I'd say something like, XYZ Approach, Skymaster 123xz, off ABC, request clearance to PDQ.

ATC ever confuse you with a C-337?

Hehehe, nope. I wrote "skymaster" because Sky37d flys a 337. We fly on our company callsign, but skymaster wouldn't quite be accurate. the skymaster was the C-54, which is a DC-4. The military DC-6 (C-118) was the "Liftmaster". Generally if we're not using the company callsign, we just use Douglas 123xx. Of course, then they confuse us with the DC-3's operating here. I'm not sure using "liftmaster" would decrease the level of confusion, though.

wow 2 different sections on the same topic..both active

lock this thread and shut up...as a matter of fact from now on all im gonna say is with you and checkin' on

A few of you guys in here really gotta go rent some hookers are somthing....losen up and don't be gay.
Hookers are cool. You pay them, get what you want, and they go home. It doens't get much better than that. Alot cheaper in the long run too..

Latest resources

Back