• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

"With you"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And like I said , I am only human, above I used the word "to" and then said not to use the word to. should have said flight level 390 decending flight level 290, but .....

since around 50% of all pilots, including legacy/major/cargo/etc., say "with you" please spend your wasted time correcting grammar on FI instead. Thank you in advance.

Everyone should have the experience of flying International. Usually the controller speaks 150 words of English with a heavy accent. If you say "twelve hundred climbing to fifty-five hundred" or "one twenty point eight" they are unlikely to understand you and will ask you to say again.

I like to try to have the controller understand me. When I am flying around the states I speak differently on the radio than in Africa or South America. Honestly it is nice to say "with you" and know the controller understands you.

I'm "with you " KevDog
Opps I mean I agree KevDog..I just want to make sure you understand me.

I think you guys have said, "with you" more in this thread, than in the entire history of radio controlled pilots.

WabiSabi said:
Sometimes you might hear; "Walla Walla center, Wombat 977 climbing to three five zero" even though they might be climbing through FL330. This is perfectly acceptable.

Not acceptable in my world. Sounds pretty dangerous. That's why I think, despite technicalities, a nice complete report is appropriate.

I have been on a one man campaign with my newhires to excoriate "with you" from their vocabularies. It's a funny thing, in the last two months of IOE candidates EVERY ONE started with this nasty habit.

Cardinal said:
I have been on a one man campaign with my newhires to excoriate "with you" from their vocabularies. It's a funny thing, in the last two months of IOE candidates EVERY ONE started with this nasty habit.
If it's anything like when I flew with one certain instructor during my multiengine rating, they didn't say "with you" when flying with you, but still do it with other pilots.

For the record, that instructor I just mentioned kept trying to get me to say "Seminole November blah blah blah." I just did it to please him, but no way in hell did I start doing that redundant crap.

Cardinal said:

No offense but I would hope you have better things to teach during IOE than something as anal as this. Maybe in a few months, or whenever these folks are off probation you should ask them what they thought about it.

I personally would like to see people during IOE speak over the radio like a robot saying "with you."
:)

Both of my FOs have said "With you". The first just stopped doing it on his own, probably just from hearing me never use it on mine.

The 2nd, well he seems to have "With you" engrained pretty deep.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back