"..With You.."

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PCL_128 said:
Knowing how long the final is allows you to plan the descent. I'm not going to throw out the boards to get a 2000 fpm descent when 1000 fpm will do on a long final.

Sounds like you're flying in/out of ATL. Where else would you be in a situation where you need the boards to get 2000fpm on a CRJ but ATL, where you're doing 170 knots 30 miles out. :D

CLICK HERE to listen to a confused cockpit crew.

Captain 7,

Thanks for the laughs, we all need these threads every now and then.

Hey, you know what they say... See a broad, to get that booty yak 'em.
Leg 'er down 'n smack 'em yak 'em
Cold got to be. You know? Shiiiiit.

Smack 'em yack 'em

mckpickle said:
BTW is it common these days to laugh at your students? In my old age I must have forgoten that...um......
technique.

When I went thru flight training the techniques used by the instructors were Fear, Ridicule and Sarcasm.....aahhhhhhh, the good old days

I cannot believe I just spend 10 minutes reading all this BS.

Anyway, my 2 cents..

If it’s busy out there, stick to the standard radio phraseology.

If it’s not busy it shouldn’t be a problem to have a little fun as long as safety never gets compromised

Flying chick:

Feeling the need to prove something? Get your facts straight before you start making fun of your students.

Roger = I understand everything you said.
Wilco (Will Comply) = I understand everything you said, and I will carry it out that way.

Capt 7 :

Start reading “Human Factors for General Aviation from Jeppesen” . Also, read “Human Knowledge and Performance” from Jeppesen.

From "The Pilots Radio Communications Hanbook", 5th edition:

"The expression "with you" is used any time you are being handed off or automatically transferred from one agency to another".

Apparently, it is a valid phrase. At the very least, it may be acceptable in some cases.

paulsalem: Thanks for the link. Informative, humble, and interesting.

ERfly said:
I almost got Unsat'd on a checkride once for using "with you." I did learn to fly at a small flight school in Daytona that rhymes with Embry-Riddle. Therefore, I don't use "with you" ever.

My only pet peeve is "On the hold." I don't even know what that means. I know it loosely translates to "position and hold," but its just a jumble of words. Just say, "position and hold."

"On to hold" is a fighter pilot thing. I sometimes slip and say it, but please don't b1tch at me...I was turning bad guys into hair, teeth, and eyeballs when your mom was still shaking turds out of your knickers.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back