• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PAPA FOX! said:
I totally agree "with you" on that. Other phrases that annoy me are:
1) "Checking in"
2) "Got em on the fishfinder"
3) "USAIR 321 2,000 for 4,000"
Yeah, "got em on the fishfinder" that's another winner.
When ATC calls traffic, you either have visual contact, or you don't. That's the only thing ATC wants to hear from you.

If you have visual contact, they can tell you to maintain visual seperation, or at the very least they can stop calling the traffic if you're not going to collide (there are situations when even though 2 airplanes may have altitude seperation, ATC is required to call the traffic and keep calling it until you see it, or you pass.) So telling the controller you "have em on TCAS" tells the controller nothing useful, and wastes time You may have noticed that even though somone calls "got em on the TCAS", the controller keeps giving point outs on the traffic.

"Got em on the TCAS" is a pointless waste of time,

"Got em on the fishfinder" is a pointless waste of time and it sounds exceptionally stupid.

say again said:
The beautiful Shakira!!!!!:blush:
was that her on SNL last night. Good singer, but she looks like she's about 4 feet tall.

say again said:
The beautiful Shakira!!!!!:blush:
Didn't I already answer that like, two pages ago! Thats what gets me, people who don't read, then answer something that has already been answered!
just kiddin. This would be where the cheers thingy goes, but don't know how to do it.

AK

AngelKing said:
Didn't I already answer that like, two pages ago! Thats what gets me, people who don't read, then answer something that has already been answered!
just kiddin. This would be where the cheers thingy goes, but don't know how to do it.

AK

Don't know?? I answered after I saw his question. Sorry to rain on your parade!!!:beer: I'll cheers to ya.

I think she's 4'11". And her body is FINE, as is her a$$!!!!

say again said:
Don't know?? I answered after I saw his question. Sorry to rain on your parade!!!:beer: I'll cheers to ya.

I think she's 4'11". And her body is FINE, as is her a$$!!!!

nooo nooo nooo I answered with post #49.. See how pathetic my life is, but then I have my priorities straight, I knew exactly who Shakira was, but couldn't care less about who says "with you". Oh, and cheers!
AK

Last edited:
ATTENTION, ATTENTION:

THE ONLY CORRECT TIME TO USE THE PHRASE- "WITH YOU" IS WHEN CHECKING IN WITH THE SAME CONTROLLER ON A DIFFERENT FREQUENCY.

WHEN A CONTROLLER SAYS:
"SWITCH TO MY FREQUENCY", THAT IS YOUR CUE TO USE YOUR FAVOURITE LITTE PHRASE, "WITH YOU", AFTER YOU HAVE SWITCHED TO THE NEW FREQ.

I BETTER NOT HEAR ANYMORE ABOUT THIS.

BREAKER-BREAKER, OVER AND OUT.

Latest resources

Back