• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

With RTS out, what's in store for us?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'd cut G200 a little slack. I know where he is coming from. Times are very difficult out there for everyone. Some more that others, obviously.

He made nice in his last post and looks like he has realized what a touchy subject furloughs are. Nothing he said was all that factually wrong, it just wasn't very sensitive to the feelings of some guys who are facing VERY uncertain times. I've made that same mistake on public forums and the backlash for voicing an unpopular view, no matter how technically "correct" it may be, can be fierce.

There's enough problems in the world without adding this silliness to the pile, I say let G200 off the hook and try to stand as one to face the upcoming challenges.

Thanks Glass.

Guys, I'm not out to piss on the new guys nor am I here trying to agitate Pop. If you do your homework and find my posts and threads on the private message boards, you'll find that yes, I'm very out-spoken but that I also have a lot of respect for the junior guys. It wasn't until a particular junior NJA pilot started throwing big stones at those that couldn't sacrifice their firstborns to the cause, that I stepped away from it. I hate the current situation just as much as the most junior guy on our list. I have spent 10 years bragging to others about working for not only the best company in aviation, but also the strongest. To me, down sizing or furloughs is a sign of weakness. Someone, somewhere did something wrong to create that situation from having to happen. That's where I started my posts a few days ago. As the ball was starting to drop from their hands, we continued to hire pilots and eventually were left with what we have today. I'm as sorry as one could be to see that happen. I may have said it wrong (nothing new there) but all I was saying was that those that MAY have been hired here in a time where no hiring should have happened, AT LEAST have a guaranteed spot on our seniority list IF they're asked to leave.

March '08 Bear Steans goes down, still hiring. Summer '08 the stock market is freaking out, the talking heads are talking serious doom and gloom, still hiring. Also sitting on good jets with good crew doing nothing at LAX. I'm busier this summer.

Sept 15 Lehman goes out, Sept 29 stock market goes down 778. New hire class going on.

Next week I'm in Co-recurrent listen to how everything is OK. I'm wondering what is in the air in CMH. BTW, the day I got this mangement brief the market dropped another 300 odd points.

Not coming after you Fischman, but someone was asleep at the switch.

In hindsight it is easy to say that. Last year I didn't hear 1, NOT 1, single rumble about us hiring too many pilots from ANYONE. What the deal was last year was, "My buddy didn't get hired even tough I wrote him a LOR. He was the best out there. You don't have a clue what you are doing."

The bottom line is that NO ONE can say that someone dropped the ball or that someone should have stopped hiring, because NO ONE saw or was even CLOSE to seeing the DOW getting down to 7000. To say otherwise is horse $h!t. If you did in fact know, why weren't you and everyine else screaming at the tops of your lungs???

Because you didn't know how bad '09 was going to be. Again, NO ONE did.

There is absolutely no "brotherhood" in that post. All I get out of that is I want what's best for "ME, ME, ME!" If you were in the bottom 500 or so here you wouldn't be making selfish posts like that, I guarantee it.

Try finding employment in today's economy if you lose your job. It aint gonna happen. This is the worst economic situation we have seen in our lifetime. God forbid anyone VOLUNTARILY sacrifice some of their income to help out a junior guy from possibly losing their home, credit, marriage, etc.

You're one selfish S.O.B. I can't believe you were actually hired at NJA. Oh wait....when were you hired? You want to play that way? We can play that way. Senior vs. junior style, since that's what you just started with your post! And it is FI afterall......

Standing by for incoming since you always try to get the last word in. 3...2...1.......

P.S. To those who participated in the VM's, my family and I sincerely thank you.
Actually, G200 is one of the most generous people you will ever meet.

Are you really that naive? The economy and in turn the industry were visibly frothy in late 2007 and early 2008. I said aircraft orders were being deferred and sales were dropping like a rock at this time, and yet, the hiring train went on with everyone claiming no end in sight.
Can I borrow your crystal ball for a while? Please jonjuan. Tell us all what is going to happen in '10. :nuts:

Your flame baiting grows tiresome, and I hold absolutely no credit to anything you post or will post in the future. THAT is what my crystal ball tells me.

To say otherwise is horse $h!t. If you did in fact know, why weren't you and everyine else screaming at the tops of your lungs???

Because you didn't know how bad '09 was going to be. Again, NO ONE did.

Nope, you never saw me complaining about my buddy not getting hired. I thought we were over hiring in '07.

Also I did ask one of our past senor mangers why we were hiring. This is after two tours in a row sitting with a good jet and a crew, last spring/summer. He gave me some mangement double speak and shoo'ed me away.

I'm not saying I knew how bad '09 was going to be, I'm saying '08 was sucking bad and no one realized it or would own up to it. I'm questioning the managers. Also don't get defensive you weren't the one making those decisions.

Last edited:
Guys, it's all good. I don't think there's a single person here that will argue the fact that these are some difficult and sensitive times. I'm sorry for the way I worded things. I hope some sort of miracle happens and we all skate through this without a scratch. If that miracle doesn't happen, those that know me, know that they can come to me ANYTIME if they need ANYTHING.

Latest resources

Back