• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

With RTS out, what's in store for us?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think what he meant was in HIND SIGHT that nobody should, errr, ...ummm, looking back...

ahh, screw it...I have no idea. I give up, let 'em have it...

OK guys, here's the deal. I wasn't trying to attack the junior guys with my earlier post nor was I trying to come across as high and mighty. The facts are what they are and they aren't favorable for the junior guys. I'm sorry that it's gone down like that but I didn't create the problem nor am I in a position to fix it. I take great pride in this company and intend to do everything in my power to make sure that it's still here in 20-30 years when I retire. That includes standing behind some hard-to-make decisions that may include furloughs if that's what it comes down to. The reason I'm being so blunt is because I've sat around for months now listening to numerous junior pilots talk about how WE should all be willing to take a hit in order to make sure that nobody loses their job. While others don't have the balls to say it, I'll be happy to go on record as to say F*$@ THAT!

I didn't cause the stock market to crash nor did I make the call as to who got hired when. I'm sure as hell not going to take a hit for someone elses' mistakes. Not a popular public statement but I assure you that there are PLENTY of other "senior" pilots that are sick and tired of listening to this BS.

G200 pilot you are one sorry SOB. Rp170 hit the nail on the head your statements are some of the most divisive and malicious I have yet to see. My understanding is the reason SU and subsequently IBT, and Njasap has been so successful is because the brotherhood and all the pilots sticking together. Now if 500-700 of us Junior pilots are shown the door your statement of F%$^ that regarding the Voluntary measures will be remembered. So when us junior guys return and contract time rolls around: pay raise for 15 year guy, nope, retirement healthcare, nope, Higher pay for larger airplane not voting for that either. Your attitude toward the junior folks no matter what circumstance we were hired is disgusting. Its to bad you don't come over and discuss this stuff on the union board to keep things in house. Most of us know who you are anyway but it would be nice to discuss these issues out in the open not behind screen names.

thanks

On the contrary, I was told that I was hired because NJA wanted to hire the best employees in the market, and they finally had the contract to attract the cream of the crop instead of the industry's stepchildren. (I'm paraphrasing, but that was the gist of managements speech)

so you are saying everyone hired before the contract were the stepchildren of aviation?

Are you really that naive? The economy and in turn the industry were visibly frothy in late 2007 and early 2008. I said aircraft orders were being deferred and sales were dropping like a rock at this time, and yet, the hiring train went on with everyone claiming no end in sight.

Someone was naive, don't think it was fisherman.

HMMM Is greed and adversity causing a fracture in the brotherhood? I've seen it before---everything is cool until it starts happening to me then it is every man for himself.

G200 obviously is full of SH^T... oh wait he has to be he's in the 200. They only let senior guys fly that thing from the left seat. We're not worthy (in my best wayne and garth voices)

I have seen good unity and I have seen the opposite.. But I don't think for one second that EVERYONE doesn't do things for they're own benefit in some way or another. While I'm glad the VM's worked I think it has been more of a stigma because now the senior folks feel entitled to us bowing down to their graciousness. (I'm only refering to the few vocal minority that keep bringing up how they saved us) I feel the VM's worked becasue we all worked together to help the company with a decision.

G200 has to be that guy who keeps saying he's gonna opt out.. Because those remaining 2 holidays are soooooooooooo worth it...I'm taking bets that G200 would also love to opt out and then pick up extended days at 1.5x pay.. While guys were out on furlough because screw 'em they shouldn't have been here anyways.

G200, the problem here is that your not dealing ith a bunch of first timers. Weve all seen your type before at other airlines..And another problem is we're not talking about replacing a $30k/yr job at some crappy regional. We're talking about a career job that will ruin a whole lot of us if we get the axe. We're talking many, many lives, families ruined. And in case you haven't noticed, which you probably haven't, there's absolutely no where else to go. So yes it is VERY understandable that the junior folks would be MORE willing to do whatever it takes to stay employed. If there were somewhere else to go to ride out a furlough things may be different..

The next few tours are just gonna be peachy. Glad I'm off for another 7 days because this reduced schedule is sweet!! Only 13 work days in Aug. Oh and so are the extra days off I took by staying opted in...

Last edited:
HMMM Is greed and adversity causing a fracture in the brotherhood? I've seen it before---everything is cool until it starts happening to me then it is every man for himself.

I've got to throw this out... No matter what anybody says..It's always been every man for himself in the pilot world.... If you go to a machinist union, the UAW or EWU it probably is more unified and more like a brotherhood. We worry about flying bigger planes for a few more bucks. They also don't spend their time telling flying stories trying to one up the last guy who was telling his hero story to one-up the last guy...

LOL, without seniority protection, you might want to be part of the "brotherhood" sooner than later.

We can go back and fourth all day long if you wish. It's somewhat entertaining. I never said that we should screw the junior guy. What I said was quite clear.

1) The person who decided to continue to hire through 2008 made a mistake. While nobody foreshadowed just how bad things were going to get, things were slowing down way before September.

2) While the preventative measures help, we're still bleeding money faster than we ever have. We can continue to do so for another 12 months and we can ALL be on the unemployment line or we can do what we should have done 6 months ago and start the healing process.

3) While it's quite clear that anytime the talk of furlough starts, it will always be a junior vs. senior discussion. Many senior folks here have shown their dedication to their brothers and sisters. Whether a guy has opted in or made the ultimate sacrifice by leaving completely, it wasn't only a matter of the junior guys helping themselves. From here on out, however, if our new CEO says it's either concessions or a furlough, I don't think the senior folks will be willing to give up pay. The majority anyways. It's not an easy thing to talk about so of course that majority will remain quiet. That's fine. I just don't see the need to. I'm not rubbing ANYONE'S nose in ANYTHING.

That's all I'm going to say about it. Junior guy against senior guy? Yeah, wait till the start of 2010 and we'll see just how many nobel senior guys we have here.

All the best...

2 Questions is G200 Pilot MP? Second why are you guys having this conversation on FI why not have it on our Own Union Board. If its the Guy I'm thinking about I heard he only Opted IN didn't reduced nothing so much for doing everything in his power. Seriously guys grow a set of Balls and have this discussion on our own Board and seriously G200 YOUR a FAG that deserves to have his ass beat for Posting this on here. What isn't having our Own Message Board good enough? Why would you like to share our Business with a bunch of strangers or Competitors that would rather see NJA go away. It's a good thing we don't have Airline crew rooms you Scum Bag Because I would Invite you out doors and ask you to take off your bars and settle this the Old fashion way.

Now Go find your Balls and post this on our own Boards instead of hiding out behind a screen name. Guys you can always tell a Coward on Here when they Hide the A/C Flown, Ratings and Curr Positions with stupid comments like G200 pilot does. He's afraid someone will put the puzzle together and find out who he is.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back