• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

With RTS out, what's in store for us?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Maybe..I don't know. I was the overweight, balding, middle-age man in the blue suit and red tie...If that narrows it down. :p I interviewed May 28, 2008. I was the guy that flew in Ireland. Were you there?
Yup. I remember you. :beer:

Avro, you can be pissed all you want. I'm sorry if you're in the group I'm talking about but the fact is that we're overstaffed and whatever has to happen in order to make sure the company stops bleeding money has to happen. It's that simple. Yes, my comments were in hind sight. Nobody knew just how bad things would get but if you look back, you'll see that we were still hiring during the start of the down turn. Someone at that point should hav stopped that from happening. Sorry if that doesn't sit well with you but I'm done dancing around the reality if the way things are. Sugarcoating hasn't helped any of us.

Avro, you can be pissed all you want. I'm sorry if you're in the group I'm talking about but the fact is that we're overstaffed and whatever has to happen in order to make sure the company stops bleeding money has to happen. It's that simple. Yes, my comments were in hind sight. Nobody knew just how bad things would get but if you look back, you'll see that we were still hiring during the start of the down turn. Someone at that point should hav stopped that from happening. Sorry if that doesn't sit well with you but I'm done dancing around the reality if the way things are. Sugarcoating hasn't helped any of us.

Talking about anything in hindsight, especially when it comes to kicking your brothers when they are down, is absolutely worthless at this point. Nobody is asking you to sugarcoat a damned thing, but it would be nice if you wouldn't $hit coat it and then rub our noses in it. Nobody is asking you to "dance around reality" either. Those facing the axe stopped doing that long ago. My point is, why was it necessary or constructive in any way to write such a post except to boost your own ego in some sadistic way. I just don't get it.

Last edited:

That's not accurate. We stopped interviews in August. Sept 15 was the day Lehman Bros. went Tango Uniform.

It will be such an honor to be furloughed from Netjets...............furloughed is furloughed. The pay is the same......we can speculate about future earnings after a recall but it does nothing to help the current situation many of us low seniority guys are facing. While I appreciate all the sacrifices made in the VM campaign by those who are senior I am tired of them using it as a weapon to "hurt" the company if scheduling screws them over or to make themselves feel better on the message boards. It is so easy to throw around the F word when you are number 750 on the list but this is serious for those of us at the bottom. Oh and the local truck driving school just went bankrupt and home depot is laying off before I get those suggestions in my pm box again. Oh and I would never vote for concessions and I have never spoken with anyone else who feels that concessions would help.

100 from the bottom (One of the 2008 mistakes.if only they had listened to the Great and Mighty G200Pilot)

It will be such an honor to be furloughed from Netjets...............furloughed is furloughed. The pay is the same......we can speculate about future earnings after a recall but it does nothing to help the current situation many of us low seniority guys are facing. While I appreciate all the sacrifices made in the VM campaign by those who are senior I am tired of them using it as a weapon to "hurt" the company if scheduling screws them over or to make themselves feel better on the message boards. Just curious: How are they doing this? It is so easy to throw around the F word when you are number 750 on the list but this is serious for those of us at the bottom. Oh and the local truck driving school just went bankrupt and home depot is laying off before I get those suggestions in my pm box again. Oh and I would never vote for concessions and I have never spoken with anyone else who feels that concessions would help.

100 from the bottom (One of the 2008 mistakes.if only they had listened to the Great and Mighty G200Pilot)

Not throwing rocks--just asking how this is being used as a weapon?

That's not accurate. We stopped interviews in August. Sept 15 was the day Lehman Bros. went Tango Uniform.

March '08 Bear Steans goes down, still hiring. Summer '08 the stock market is freaking out, the talking heads are talking serious doom and gloom, still hiring. Also sitting on good jets with good crew doing nothing at LAX. I'm busier this summer.

Sept 15 Lehman goes out, Sept 29 stock market goes down 778. New hire class going on.

Next week I'm in Co-recurrent listen to how everything is OK. I'm wondering what is in the air in CMH. BTW, the day I got this mangement brief the market dropped another 300 odd points.

Not coming after you Fischman, but someone was asleep at the switch.

Are you really that naive? The economy and in turn the industry were visibly frothy in late 2007 and early 2008. I said aircraft orders were being deferred and sales were dropping like a rock at this time, and yet, the hiring train went on with everyone claiming no end in sight.

OK guys, here's the deal. I wasn't trying to attack the junior guys with my earlier post nor was I trying to come across as high and mighty. The facts are what they are and they aren't favorable for the junior guys. I'm sorry that it's gone down like that but I didn't create the problem nor am I in a position to fix it. I take great pride in this company and intend to do everything in my power to make sure that it's still here in 20-30 years when I retire. That includes standing behind some hard-to-make decisions that may include furloughs if that's what it comes down to. The reason I'm being so blunt is because I've sat around for months now listening to numerous junior pilots talk about how WE should all be willing to take a hit in order to make sure that nobody loses their job. While others don't have the balls to say it, I'll be happy to go on record as to say F*$@ THAT!

I didn't cause the stock market to crash nor did I make the call as to who got hired when. I'm sure as hell not going to take a hit for someone elses' mistakes. Not a popular public statement but I assure you that there are PLENTY of other "senior" pilots that are sick and tired of listening to this BS.

OK guys, here's the deal. I wasn't trying to attack the junior guys with my earlier post nor was I trying to come across as high and mighty. The facts are what they are and they aren't favorable for the junior guys. I'm sorry that it's gone down like that but I didn't create the problem nor am I in a position to fix it. I take great pride in this company and intend to do everything in my power to make sure that it's still here in 20-30 years when I retire. That includes standing behind some hard-to-make decisions that may include furloughs if that's what it comes down to. The reason I'm being so blunt is because I've sat around for months now listening to numerous junior pilots talk about how WE should all be willing to take a hit in order to make sure that nobody loses their job. While others don't have the balls to say it, I'll be happy to go on record as to say F*$@ THAT!

I didn't cause the stock market to crash nor did I make the call as to who got hired when. I'm sure as hell not going to take a hit for someone elses' mistakes. Not a popular public statement but I assure you that there are PLENTY of other "senior" pilots that are sick and tired of listening to this BS.

There is absolutely no "brotherhood" in that post. All I get out of that is I want what's best for "ME, ME, ME!" If you were in the bottom 500 or so here you wouldn't be making selfish posts like that, I guarantee it.

Try finding employment in today's economy if you lose your job. It aint gonna happen. This is the worst economic situation we have seen in our lifetime. God forbid anyone VOLUNTARILY sacrifice some of their income to help out a junior guy from possibly losing their home, credit, marriage, etc.

You're one selfish S.O.B. I can't believe you were actually hired at NJA. Oh wait....when were you hired? You want to play that way? We can play that way. Senior vs. junior style, since that's what you just started with your post! And it is FI afterall......

Standing by for incoming since you always try to get the last word in. 3...2...1.......

P.S. To those who participated in the VM's, my family and I sincerely thank you.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back