Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

With no pax, do commercial pilots goof off???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
33% of all our flights are positioning flights with an empty airplane, many times with another crew. Contrary to popular belief the FA's go to sleep and wake up on short final. You worse critics are the other crewmembers on board so you really do try to do everything totally by the book. They hold you accountable one way or the other.

NYCPilot said:
I see you're an SWA guy, so shed some light. I'm just going by what the news article stated. Were they given their jobs back.

There is a lot more to this story than the media told you, and not about the "naked" stuff......

Both guys are still working for SWA.

Part of their settlement to come back to work was a gag order imposed by the company, which says something about the case........

I have heard rumors of Learjets rolling at altitude when empty. Had an interesting demonstration of mach tuck once.

...Heard the story of the two CRJ Pilots that wanted to try a barrel roll during a repositioning flight? Well, apparently it is possible, although not allowed by their employers...

How were they caught?

Blue stuff on the ceiling of the lav!

Needless to say they only ones not impressed were their employers.

Not impressed, anyone can roll an airplane, it takes flight dicipline to not do it when no one is watching.

Of course the most disturbing thing about this whole thread was the fact that Unanswered was in Tampa.

My body used to wait for one of the flight attendants to go to pee , and suddenly flew the Let410 like it hit wind shear, then came the fa all peed in her uniform...... he got fired after to much of that . no pax on the way back off course

enigma said:
PS, it is rare for an airline line pilot to ever fly an empty airplane. My empty leg flights have been the result of delivery flights after maintenance, and the occasional reposition flight.

The only time we normally had empty planes was when we had a mechanical and they re-booked the pax on another flight, but the aircraft still had to be at the destination for positioning. For the most part, it is pretty rare, as they are always trying to maximize revenue.

Latest resources

Back