Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

With no pax, do commercial pilots goof off???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

UnAnswerd

Activity Terminated
Yesterday I was being driven to TPA to catch a flight back home. From the highway, I noticed a large turbine aircraft climbing out at what seemed like a ridiculously nose-high attitude. It didn't even seem like he could stay airborne at this attitude, but I guess he had the thrust/airspeed to do so. Then, he entered a turn, which also seemed quite steep. I thought, no way are there passengers on that flight. Maybe my perception from the highway was obscured by some optical effect, I don't know. But it really did seem like this pilot was pushing the aircraft far more than necessary. It looked like fun..

So, does the "professional pilot" tend to goof around and have fun when there are no pax???

"professional pilots" have been known to "goof around" when there are no pax onboard. Some things these "professional pilots" do include agressive rudder inputs at mid level altitudes, agressive nose ups and push overs. Climbing at airspeeds signifcantly lower than those published by the manufacturer or FOM. Switching seats mid flight, overtemping engines, activating stick pusher and/or shaker, using non-standard phrasiology such as "dude"

"Professional Pilots" have integrity. Integrity means doing the right thing even if no one else is around. So, no, PROFESSIONAL pilots do not goof around when there are no passengers on board.

Um....do pilots goof off with no pax??

mmmmm..........Pinnical? CRJ at 410???

Goof off? Nah...but my F/O and I ate 16 First Class meals left in the galley on a 2-hour ferry flight.

He had the chicken.
I had the beef.

We both felt reeeeeally stupid later.

I don't consider practicing V2 t/o's (with two turning, of course)unprofessional OR goofing off. I like to think of it as "recurrent training."

Occam's Razor said:
Goof off? Nah...but my F/O and I ate 16 First Class meals left in the galley on a 2-hour ferry flight.

He had the chicken.
I had the beef.

We both felt reeeeeally stupid later.

This begs the question......if you two were the only ones on the flight.....which one of you was the FA?? :D

I've heard back in the 70's things used to be pretty wild up in the skies. Anyone care to elaborate?

NYCPilot said:
I've heard back in the 70's things used to be pretty wild up in the skies. Anyone care to elaborate?

I'd also love to hear some of those stories. However, any pilot whose hayday was back in the 70's probablly doesn't own a computer.:D

Latest resources

Back