Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

With no pax, do commercial pilots goof off???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I know of a ferry flight where a take-off was quite steep and the turn was also. It was out of LAS about 3 a.m. We won't talk about the pajamas that "some" of the crew donned! :) Of course, I was NOT on the flight or anything - just something I heard about! :D

Kathy

Last edited:
Resume Writer said:
It was out of LAS about 3 a.m. We won't talk about the pajamas that "some" of the crew donned! :) Of course, I was NOT on the flight or anything - just something I hear about! :D

Kathy

Mmmm, teddies? Yessssssss! :D

Hey Chicaga, you're talking about somebody's mother here! ;)

viper548"professional pilots" have been known to "goof around" when there are no pax onboard. Some things these "professional pilots" do include agressive rudder inputs at mid level altitudes, agressive nose ups and push overs. Climbing at airspeeds signifcantly lower than those published by the manufacturer or FOM. Switching seats mid flight, overtemping engines, activating stick pusher and/or shaker, using non-standard phrasiology such as "dude"

viper548"Professional Pilots" have integrity. Integrity means doing the right thing even if no one else is around. So, no, PROFESSIONAL pilots do not goof around when there are no passengers on board.

I knew there would be some tight a$$ here that would be better and more professional than everyone else. Lighten up Francis. To answer the original poster's question. . . ferry flights are fun. Anyone who tells you different is probably someone you wouldn't want to be crammed in a cockpit with anyway. Before you get too carried away, I am not talking about over-temps and stressing the plane. Chill out and answer a post every once in a while without being a total tool.

Kevin

Last edited:
FlyChicaga said:
Mmmm, teddies? Yessssssss! :D

I just want to know how you got "teddies" from "pajamas!" Of course, since I was not there, I can only tell it third-hand! :D

I'm not married, so for all the women I know, the two are interchangible. ;)

knelson said:
I knew there would be some tight a$$ douchebag he
re that would be better and more professional than everyone else. Lighten up Francis. To answer the original poster's question. . . ferry flights are fun. Anyone who tells you different is probably someone you wouldn't want to be crammed in a cockpit with anyway. Before you get too carried away, I am not talking about over-temps and stressing the plane. Chill out and answer a post every once in a while without being a total tool.

Kevin

The company gives you limitations to stay within when flying the plane. Why should it be any different if there are pax on or off the plane? If you can somehow have more fun staying within those limitaions have at it. My examples were of a couple people that took things too far and paid the ultimate price, everyone else should learn from that.

Here's some proof that pilots like to have a little fun (maybe too much of it!) heh.

A few years ago a couple of Southwest pilots were fired for stripping down to their boxers up front during a revenue flight. After stripping, they summoned the flight attendant up front. Their defense - they spilled coffee on their uniforms! = O)
I've included a link to some other hilarities up on the flightdeck.

Enjoy.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/biztravel/2003-04-24-sw-pilots_x.htm

http://www.mmegi.bw/2005/July/Wednesday13/633770832263.html

My old man told me this one; During a rev flight for DAL, his co-pilot, a young X f-16 pilot really pancaked one in on landing. So much noise that they thought they might have even rubbed the tail. After the landing all the FAs took thier bras off and threw it at him.

Never thought a bad landing could get ya laid? Think again.

Latest resources

Back