• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

"winning the lotto"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am not agreeing with Clark, nor do I have anything at all against Southwest. I'm curious though, which part(s) is he incorrect about?

Pretty much everything:

His numbers on days off and income aren't even close. Most lines have 17 days off, there are usually a few with 19. Even reserve lines have 15 to 16 days off. I'm not going to get into pay, that horse seems fairly dead.

He also misses one of the primary reasons pilots were coming here even when the pay lagged: job security.

Ok, where did all the females and minorities go? We want to understand why you are still at a regional. Data please.

Delta, JB... Why am I still here ??? How about the so called recession and age 65. Why would I apply for JB and Virgin, when I want to work for AA or UCAL ?

Pretty much everything:

His numbers on days off and income aren't even close. Most lines have 17 days off, there are usually a few with 19. Even reserve lines have 15 to 16 days off. I'm not going to get into pay, that horse seems fairly dead.

He also misses one of the primary reasons pilots were coming here even when the pay lagged: job security.

So a new hire on RSV gets 15 TO 16 OFF ?

Sorry gang

When I saw the title of the thread I assumed it was about SWA buying Airtran.

:)

Yeah, It's murder over here!

Yes, that's how SWA reserve lines are built. 15 off in 30 day months and 16 of in 31 day months.

Maybe we can get PBS here soon so our QOL doesn't s*ck so bad! And, so we can be a REAL airline!

A bigger question is how you're going to convince AA or Ucal that you want to work for them when you werent even motivated enough to get a degree....?

And yes- you are hating on Swa - just in such a boring way it doesn't matter

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back