"winning the lotto"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CLARKGRSWOLD

Please explain...I hear being hired by SWA is "winning the LOTTO".... obviously this is for new hires." not current guys and gals...

HOW IS...

Commuting to OAKLAND
Sitting in the right seat for 15+
RSV forever
Commuting on RSV
Flying one airplane
Making 100-150k
12 days off
Very little movement
Buying a type rating for 8k

Winning the lotto...

Not a hater, but with all the old guys and gals at the legacy carriers why would you go to SWA ?

Last edited:
Please explain...I hear being hired by SWA is "winning the LOTTO".... obviously this is for new hires." not current guys and gals...

HOW IS...

Commuting to OAKLAND
Sitting in the right seat for 15+
RSV forever
Commuting on RSV
Flying one airplane
Making 100-150k
12 days off
Very little movement
Buying a type rating for 8k

Winning the lotto...

Not a hater, but with all the old guys and gals at the legacy carriers why would you go to SWA ?

Sounds good to me.... If you enjoy your company so much, why do you care?

Now that's good. I think I meet you trying to sell me a used car and your quote to me was "I will be perfectly honest with you. " :)

PS Is this you ? :)

I am a Check Airman, TT of 9000 PIC, 4k PIC all in JET. No college, no faa incidents or accidents, good letters of rec = zero calls.. Oh well, I'll just enjoy the regionals until someone is desperate enough to hire just a pilot, and not someone that has a B.S. in basket weaving :)

Last edited:
Because it beats being at a regional any day!!

My days at a regional are numbered, we all know the retirement numbers... Just saying, why SWA ? All the females and minorities are nearly gone at my airline, the regular white males will soon to follow..

Where was I wrong in my figures ?

My days at a regional are numbered, we all know the retirement numbers... Just saying, why SWA ? All the females and minorities are nearly gone at my airline, the regular white males will soon to follow..

Ok, where did all the females and minorities go? We want to understand why you are still at a regional. Data please.

Last edited:

I didn't say that you were wrong. My post was regarding all regional pilots, and that being hired by SWA probably feels like "winning the lotto" to them. The same could also be said about FedEx when they were hiring. As for why SWA? Maybe it's the pay, their lack of furlough, etc? Can't really answer that.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back