Winged current/former Navy bubbas

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

guppygoshawk

Hello all, I'm new here (obviously), been a lurker for awhile now. Just curious ho many Naval Avaitors there are around these parts (former and current). And more specifically, tailhookers. I'm a current F/A-18F guy (can't do it without help from the back!!!) I noticed Bjammin and SIG600 have Navy indicated. Anyone else? SIG, what do you fly? I noticed the nice crester in your avatar. I hope you've already qual'd or that's some serious bad ju-ju for you.:)

Last edited:
Naval Aviators of all kinds of course. Gold wings are Gold wings. Didn't mean to sound tailhook of Navy specific. Just curious as to how many come around here. Thanks for replying, Skid.

guppygoshawk said:
I noticed the nice crester in your avatar. I hope you've already qual'd or that's some serious bad ju-ju for you.:)

I just clipped that from a picture I found. CQ is right around the corner, however my fclp grades were nothing but (OK) and NG's.... I couldn't buy an oak to save my life. Even had a period of 6 straight on-on passes (and the hud tape to prove it!) and got faired every pass. Our LSO was brutal and has some dang good eyes cuz he saw stuff I never felt or could see. You know what they say, paddles is always right!

Last edited:
As long as you've got more (OK) than --, you'll be fine in the T-45! You guys do midstage bounces now in the -45 I've heard? We did it at the end in T-2s and again at the end of -45s.

Ya the (OK) and the B (with a decent boarding rate) will get your qualled! TS is now all -45's. The last T-2 stud finished last summer. Ironically there was a solo T-45 eject that same day, gotta love the ground handeling of the -45. The only T-2 we have left is a lawn ornament. You east or west supers?

Guppy, seen quite a few mixed up all over this board, and always good to have more. Gotta love the Wings o' Gold. I switched over to the Blue (reserves), but I still proudly wear my Navy Wings along with my AF Wings. It gets noticed.

I'm curious about wearing the old golden leg spreaders with my new Army wings. Is there a reg or reference that allows you to do it? No one in my Guard unit has any experience with former squids like me.

Phrogboy said:
Guppy, seen quite a few mixed up all over this board, and always good to have more. Gotta love the Wings o' Gold. I switched over to the Blue (reserves), but I still proudly wear my Navy Wings along with my AF Wings. It gets noticed.

Can you wear the gold pilot on your blue uniform, or did they make you convert to the silver? I had a buddy that went to the dark side (er, blue side) that was a prior USN Aircrewman, and wore his gold AC wings on his blues... sure looked different seeing gold on someone in blue.

Latest resources

Back