Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If anyone ever questions it (unlikely):

AFI36-2903 29 SEPTEMBER 2002

Table 5.1. Wear of Badges On The BDU, Service, Mess, Formal, and Semi-Formal Dress Uniforms...

"...Aeronautical badges of other US services (Optional) if both are worn, wear Air Force aeronautical badge in the highest position."

did somebody call?

Yup, plenty of Gold Wings in this audience.

Currently, I'm teaching our future wing-ees...Man, it's burnin' me out though!

Let's keep this thread rolling!

I thought being an IP in the T-45 was one of the best flying jobs ANYWHERE. I would have done that my entire life if I could have. Where else as an instructor are your students as respectflul and motivated, do you get paid as much for a flight instructor job, get to fly solo as a flight lead, get to do such dynamic flying as ACM, WEAPONS, TAC-FORM, LOW-LEVEL, and ROAD RECCE, and get to go on the road almost as much as you want. All while not deploying on the ship and unlike my RAG instructor buddies, NO SIMS! The ground job is the only thing that sucked, but I can live with that.

I miss it BAD, but my next job would have been TAO on the Truman. IT WAS DEFINATLY TIME TO PUNCH.

I still have the same job in the reserves and that is a deal like no other as well.

Enjoy the time while you can, because no good deal in the Navy lasts forever.

Two sets of Gold Wings and a set of silver ones thrown in for good measure (no, not Air Force wings, they only gave me the keys to the jet, not the wings, although I did get one of those faggoty scarves for what that's worth).

Bjammin...

I talked to my detailer a few months ago, and he said I was headed to a CVN, as like a TAO or something. I said no thanks. I told them I would stay if I could get something else, and he said there was nothing left.

Up to now, my time in the Navy has been pretty good. Love the flying.

Hey, lets not forget the HC bretheren as well. Without us you would not have icecream!!!

Mudkow do I hear a "Bailout" or what?

Of course, reserves is where it is at as I now know.

Yeah.. I fly with a lot of Phrog bubbas. I think they are still getting used to a tail rotor.

Yes, my letter has been approved. I have some leads... will try for a SELRES spot if I can get West Coast.

I love flying helos... and the Navy has been good to me.

Latest resources

Back