Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PurpleTail

Is that RMB or USD???
The company is obviously in a staffing pinch right now by the recent requests for vacation buybacks in almost every seat for the OCT bid month. We are also rumored to have larger than normal new hire classes in the next couple of months.

We have a rare opportunity as pilots to put some pressure on the company and show some serious solidarity in a couple of ways. 1) Show up on the 26th and send a message to the PUBLIC as well as the company. 2) Think long and hard before selling your vacation back. The extra money is tempting, I know, but sucking it up in the short run will pay HUGE dividends in the long run; ie. a contract sooner rather than later. 3) Think twice about VLT and DRT trips for now. Knock yourself out after the contract but lets take care of business first.

I don't want to see 15 months turn into 30 and if the NMB is avoidable lets not go down that road. Do your part, spread the word and lets stand shoulder to shoulder.

Ok, now who's with me???

Sure send some buisness over to the competion

I'm in.... I'll do my part. I will not jumpseat on Fed Ex anymore! Hey, wait...I can't do that anyway...

SWA/FO said:
I'm in.... I'll do my part. I will not jumpseat on Fed Ex anymore! Hey, wait...I can't do that anyway...
Yeah, that will show them!!!!

PurpleTail said:
The company is obviously in a staffing pinch right now by the recent requests for vacation buybacks in almost every seat for the OCT bid month. We are also rumored to have larger than normal new hire classes in the next couple of months.

We have a rare opportunity as pilots to put some pressure on the company and show some serious solidarity in a couple of ways. 1) Show up on the 26th and send a message to the PUBLIC as well as the company. 2) Think long and hard before selling your vacation back. The extra money is tempting, I know, but sucking it up in the short run will pay HUGE dividends in the long run; ie. a contract sooner rather than later. 3) Think twice about VLT and DRT trips for now. Knock yourself out after the contract but lets take care of business first.

I don't want to see 15 months turn into 30 and if the NMB is avoidable lets not go down that road. Do your part, spread the word and lets stand shoulder to shoulder.

Ok, now who's with me???

Actually, PurpleTail, I think the opposite is actually true. DO all of those things. Vacation buybacks, VLT, DRT, and such makes THEM become dependent upon US. Then when we are LEGALLY advised to stop doing extra stuff, it will have more of an impact. Not to mention the fact that doing a bit of extra work allows you to build up the ol' battle chest.

Just my opinion of course, but I've heard other guys that are alot smarter than me feel that this is the way to go.

Anyway, my union speaks for me.

See ya Monday.

SWA is allowed to jumpseat on us as they are part of our CASS. I carried one out to Oakland last month on a flight.

I must be mistaken....last I heard Fed Ex cut off their CASS? Ok, so Maybe I won't be doing my part?

Why do you want a contract so soon? Lawyers got boat payments too, you know....

Latest resources

Back