Window of Opportunity for FDX pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SWA/FO said:
I must be mistaken....last I heard Fed Ex cut off their CASS? Ok, so Maybe I won't be doing my part?
No they briefly cut off personal jumpseats for the pilots. We got it back by going thru CASS to jumpseat on our own jets. . . .
While we were cut off from personal jumpseats, all other CASS airlines were (and still are) good to go. . .

PurpleTail said:
The company is obviously in a staffing pinch right now by the recent requests for vacation buybacks in almost every seat for the OCT bid month. We are also rumored to have larger than normal new hire classes in the next couple of months.

We have a rare opportunity as pilots to put some pressure on the company and show some serious solidarity in a couple of ways. 1) Show up on the 26th and send a message to the PUBLIC as well as the company. 2) Think long and hard before selling your vacation back. The extra money is tempting, I know, but sucking it up in the short run will pay HUGE dividends in the long run; ie. a contract sooner rather than later. 3) Think twice about VLT and DRT trips for now. Knock yourself out after the contract but lets take care of business first.

I don't want to see 15 months turn into 30 and if the NMB is avoidable lets not go down that road. Do your part, spread the word and lets stand shoulder to shoulder.

Ok, now who's with me???
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, you're going to give away our SECRET plan. . . .
Also known as "The Alan Parson's Project". . . .

Everybody please show up on the 26th unless you are working. This is the best opportunity we've had yet, and a really important one. See you there!

What message is going to be sent to the public? We do not care about servicing you?

pilotyip said:
What message is going to be sent to the public? We do not care about servicing you?

Don't worry FedEx guys, when you walk to get the contract you deserve, PilotYIP and his boys will be there to save Fred's system with his half dozen clapped out DC-9s!

pilotyip said:

It is not a message to the public, as much as a message to the shareholders and institutional investors. The company cannot continue to make record profits and not pay their employees.

And F-18 guy is right. FDX stock is down 20% off its high and is a bit under pressure. Next point of resistance is low 70's. This stockholder meeting is very important to Fred. I am sure he is hoping to instill some confidence, especially for the institutional investors, that the stock will rebound. Showing unity that we are unhappy with negotiations may put some pressure, by the institutional investors, on the company to expedite. 73% of the shares of FDX stock are held by institutional and mutual fund holders. See you on the 26th.

Last edited:
Show up on the 26th and send a message to the PUBLIC as well as the company.

Only wondering what the message to the public will be. Our clapped out 9's will not be involved, however Airborne, UPS and others may be involved.

On a side note, every time I check the AOC for employee stock purchase plan forms, they ain't there. Anyone know where I can get the paperwork to start rolling on this? Can I enroll online? Second yr F/O pay kicks in 1 Nov!

I thought I'd chime in on FDX post. JM from PDT in ROA, was that you on the cover of the alpa mag. If so, nice shades!! PM me I'd like to hear how things are going over at purple.

pilotyip said:
Show up on the 26th and send a message to the PUBLIC as well as the company.

Only wondering what the message to the public will be. Our clapped out 9's will not be involved, however Airborne, UPS and others may be involved.
LOL. . . . Yip, who are you??

Latest resources

Back