Will they hire people like us

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Reality

Stop it Cliff, you're making sense again!
BTW, don't expect major hiring until 2013 or 2014. Age 65 doesn't even hit until the end of 2012. Some furloughs come back, and then watch out!
Shame on Cliff for introducing reality to FI, it has no place on this pilot board. BTW the hirng boom will start in the summer of 2012, as airlines plan for hte age 65 retirements they will be the beginning of a training cycle to fill all of the seat movements, complete IOE, and get the check done. This will be combined with a growing economy starting before then

Last edited:
I recently flew a trip with a guy who said, "I think I should just move to somewhere in Eastern Europe and wash dishes or something... I think it would be fun." I'm sure somewhere in Eastern Europe there's a guy washing dishes who wishes he were flying an airplane instead. I'm sure there's a mutual trade in there somewhere.

I don't agree with that Yip. There are some furloughed that will be back first (American still!, United, USair). Plus, each time after a recession it has been taking longer to get back on track. It's not anticipated until 2014 or 2015 that we even have "normal" unemployment again. I would be surprised if hiring didn't wait until late 2013 to start. By 2015, it's going to be the glory days again.
Just my prediction...

Only time will tell

I don't agree with that Yip. There are some furloughed that will be back first (American still!, United, USair). Plus, each time after a recession it has been taking longer to get back on track. It's not anticipated until 2014 or 2015 that we even have "normal" unemployment again. I would be surprised if hiring didn't wait until late 2013 to start. By 2015, it's going to be the glory days again.
Just my prediction...
We will have to see

American will begin recalls again this winter now that so many guys will opt for the age 62 reduced social security pay out.

Shame on Cliff for introducing reality to FI, it has no place on this pilot board. BTW the hirng boom will start in the summer of 2012, as airlines plan for hte age 65 retirements they will be the beginning of a training cycle to fill all of the seat movements, complete IOE, and get the check done. This will be combined with a growing economy starting before then

You had me right up until the point where you mentioned the words 'airline' and 'plan' in the same sentence.

Otherwise, spot on. Agree.

Latest resources

Back