Will the real "Porter" please stand up?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

G200_PILOT

For the last 6 months, "porter" has become a household name around here. Nobody else in the history of FI.com, has had their screen name mentioned here and on other sites as much as "Porter" has. Since I'm currently a captain at NetJets, I took what "Porter" said back in October personally and I let my emotions get the best of me. I wanted to find out who this "Porter" was and shine the spotlight on him or her for all to see. A message board like this where you're not required to share your real name with everyone else is like playing with a double-edged sword. It has it's good points and it has it's bad points. We all love to talk out of our asses at times and our creatively thought-out screen names allows us to say just about anything we want to without the fear of someone knowing where we live. The downside to it is that sometimes, when people here touch on sensitive issues, others will attempt to find out who that person is that started a particular thread. Such is the case here. I went back and looked at all the information I had available and came up with my own opinion as to who this "Porter" is. Since I have no problems with speaking my mind, I chose to share my opinions with not only all of you, but also with those on our own private message board. I honestly think that had it not been for me saying what I said back then, folks would still be looking for the Holy Grail. The major problem with what I did was use all "circumstantial evidence" (thanks Fischman) to "convict" her so-to-speak. Even though this falsely accused pilot never spoke up until two days ago, it shouldn't have progressed the way it did in the first place. For that reason, I have publicly apologized to her on our private message board for any grief that may have been sent her way from others that decided to send "less than desirable" messages. Some have even threatened her. Although I never saw the message, I hear there was a threat involving a steal pipe. Whoever that was, you need to count your lucky stars that the person you sent that message to isn't looking for revenge. The legal ramifications of that would have been costly. Normally, I would say the hunt for the real "Porter" will continue but this time, I think it's time to end it and move on. The thread that started all of this DID in fact bring up some good conversations as to when an SIC should fly and when they shouldn't. It was the whole "all captains here are bad" thing that turned everyone away.

I don't think that "Porter" will ever show up here again. Not under that screen name anyways. It's too bad in a way. He or she allowed another coworker to take the blame while sitting back and watching it all go down. Your mother must be so proud of you for how you turned out.

So I don't have to comb through the original thread, can someone explain how it determined that Porter was a she and not a he?

I read the thread on our message board and it does suck that someone was wrongfully accused.

So I don't have to comb through the original thread, can someone explain how it determined that Porter was a she and not a he?

I read the thread on our message board and it does suck that someone was wrongfully accused.

If you read the thread on OUR site then you can find the information you're looking for very easily. You don't have to look here to find that information.

The major problem with what I did was use all "circumstantial evidence" (thanks Fischman) to "convict" her so-to-speak.
That's "Mr. Fischman" or "Your Awesomeness" if you please. :cool:

I love it. The thread gets closed and "put to rest" on our board and now its starting here again ... Jeeezzz

I love it. The thread gets closed and "put to rest" on our board and now its starting here again ... Jeeezzz

No sir. There were more than just NetJets pilots involved with this so the story needs to be set straight here as well. How do you see that as "starting all over again?"

if you're talking about the title, it's a saying made up by "Slim Shady."

Last edited:
How about you just drop it. You already effed up once and made yourself look pretty bad. No reason to keep digging the hole you're in.

seriously g200,

i don't think you understand just how bad you're making yourself look as well as our company. drop it. it should also be brought up that as an atp you're suppose to be of, "good moral character."

Latest resources

Back