Will SWA looses $$ in 1Q 05'?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
jp1030 said:
You got that right, Rumour is we lost 20 Million in Jan, 58% load factor. Feb looks to be break even, or close to it. I dont know about you, but this month has been awesome as far as loads go. The yeilds are not where G.K. wants them but we sure are filling the airplanes up.

JP

20 million loss and with a great fuel hedge!! Makes me nervous that I'm about to be at the bottom of the senority list.

Don't worry my union brother.... SWA does not furlough. We are lean and mean already. If we hired you, we need you.

March madness

I think the lowest load I've seen this month is 112 passengers. No kidding, everything else I've flown this month has been hovering between 130-137 pax every flight! I know that lil' old me ain't representative of the entire airline, but it sure seems like March has been good from SWA, from my limited perspective.

AMRCostUnit said:
AMR is only losing $50 per second in the first quarter. The good news is if the pilots take a $14,000 per month pay cut we can make up the difference!

OR you can raise fares by 10 or 15 bucks

Unit
Shoulda went to med school...

Should have gone to med school....

Flechas said:
Should have gone to med school....

Maybe that's why he didn't go to med school... ;) TC

I,ve commuted on SWA twice a week this month into SLC and never seen more than 50 onboard. Great for getting a ride but thats got to hurt$$.

FWIW:

I'd take a pay cut before I'd take a furlough - we've done it before ....

LUV is more than just a ticker symbol

We have 2800 flights a day. Thats 2800 non-stops a day. Sure there are going to be a few out there that have light loads.

January and February have always been loosing months. Especially now with every one cutting prices and fuel going through the roof. I have been flying up and down the East Coast all this month and it has been standing room only. I bet we have a pretty good First quarter in comparrison to the rest.

Latest resources

Back