Will SWA looses $$ in 1Q 05'?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

LR45JI

It's my understadning that SWA lost money in Jan & Feb and March will be the "do or die" month. However, Spring Breakers LF's are pushing the books up......will SWA end the 1Q in the Black or Red?

Always bet on black.

Same thing happened last year and they ended up with a narrow profit.

Just shows you what a tough business were in these days.

Making money baby!

SWA/FO said:
Making money baby!

Duuuuude,

Right on, my brother from the Southwest mother! Glass is half full, bra, yeah, half full. Freaking Southwest Kharma is freaking great Kharma!!!

if SWA shows a loss, do you think that will be enough to get the big muckity-mucks to raise ticket prices or will the fare-slashing wars continue? SWA has been the majors' golden child by turning a profit during the down times. i hope that fares get raised. i hate to see the industry like this.

LR45JI said:
It's my understadning that SWA lost money in Jan & Feb and March will be the "do or die" month. However, Spring Breakers LF's are pushing the books up......will SWA end the 1Q in the Black or Red?

Did they lose money in Jan and Feb or are you just saying that to stir the pot?

cforst513 said:
if SWA shows a loss, do you think that will be enough to get the big muckity-mucks to raise ticket prices or will the fare-slashing wars continue? SWA has been the majors' golden child by turning a profit during the down times. i hope that fares get raised. i hate to see the industry like this.

AMR is only losing $50 per second in the first quarter. The good news is if the pilots take a $14,000 per month pay cut we can make up the difference!

OR you can raise fares by 10 or 15 bucks

Unit
Shoulda went to med school...

cforst513 said:

We are behind during Jan and Feb almost every year. March makes up for it.

TexaSWA said:
We are behind during Jan and Feb almost every year. March makes up for it.

You got that right, Rumour is we lost 20 Million in Jan, 58% load factor. Feb looks to be break even, or close to it. I dont know about you, but this month has been awesome as far as loads go. The yeilds are not where G.K. wants them but we sure are filling the airplanes up.

JP

Latest resources

Back