• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Will SWA and AT truly merge?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Did they take the early out at DL? That would make sense. If they did, they are now junior at SWA, and junior to many AT guys. I bet they are thrilled. It sounds like the bottom half of your list will implode. Nobody is happy. AT pilots know they are still being taken advantage of, and junior SWA FOs being bumped out of bases as AT pilots downgrade.

And it's great you know who left for where over a decade ago. You must have been a social butterfly at SWA. Let me guess, you were Prom Queen back in High School....?

Bye Bye---General Lee

Actually the Delta Captains I have flown with left because they were afraid they were going to lose their retirement. They all said they have never enjoyed flying more than at SWA.

You are wrong about the atmosphere with our pilots at any seniority level. How you could possibly know without working here is yet another job for a psychologist to figure out about your insane obsession about things that are none of your business.

Our pilots have a very active rumor mill and when someone left we all knew about it. We like others have had our forums ever since I have been here. When someone left our union conducts an exit interview and at one time in the past 10 years or so published those results. They did so prior to 9/11 because the industry was in such a tremendous hiring mode we wanted to stay ahead of the game to ascertain we were able to recruit quality individuals. Then 9/11 happened and airlines like DELTA, United and others went BANKRUPT and their futures were very uncertain so we didn't have any problems recruiting quality people anymore.

We are a very social group that largely are hired by our character which includes mutual respect (something I know you think you understand but everyone on here sees you clearly do not) but in reference to your fifth grade "Prom Queen" remark, all of us can once again clearly see who was who's BITCH in high school. I am sorry it has taken such a toll on your self esteem to the point you have to hide on a forum and be a coward.

Think about that General every time you look in the mirror. That is what a coward looks like.

I could change it to Hawaiian, but then I would be accused of picking on the little guy. And on another note, why do so many of you "other airline" guys always end up posting and SWA or AAI threads? It's pretty creepy.

Of course Hawaiian is a very small carrier, all we do is serve Hawaii. Yet you say it like it's a bad thing?? It's a good thing, it's a great place to work and filled with people that mostly want to be in Hawaii or at least want to work there. I think we all enjoy being small. Especially given the fact that we are small, yet very big IN Hawaii. It's a great niche to fill.
I have to wonder though, if you through out the "little" airline comment like it's an insult, you must feel pretty inferior too Delta?:)

Of course Hawaiian is a very small carrier, all we do is serve Hawaii. Yet you say it like it's a bad thing?? It's a good thing, it's a great place to work and filled with people that mostly want to be in Hawaii or at least want to work there. I think we all enjoy being small. Especially given the fact that we are small, yet very big IN Hawaii. It's a great niche to fill.
I have to wonder though, if you through out the "little" airline comment like it's an insult, you must feel pretty inferior too Delta?:)

Canyonblue clearly didn't mean how you took it.

You guys are always so friendly when you hitch and ride on us and always thank us afterwards. And the way you treat us when we jumpseat should be the industry standard.

Actually the Delta Captains I have flown with left because they were afraid they were going to lose their retirement. They all said they have never enjoyed flying more than at SWA.

You are wrong about the atmosphere with our pilots at any seniority level. How you could possibly know without working here is yet another job for a psychologist to figure out about your insane obsession about things that are none of your business.

Our pilots have a very active rumor mill and when someone left we all knew about it. We like others have had our forums ever since I have been here. When someone left our union conducts an exit interview and at one time in the past 10 years or so published those results. They did so prior to 9/11 because the industry was in such a tremendous hiring mode we wanted to stay ahead of the game to ascertain we were able to recruit quality individuals. Then 9/11 happened and airlines like DELTA, United and others went BANKRUPT and their futures were very uncertain so we didn't have any problems recruiting quality people anymore.

We are a very social group that largely are hired by our character which includes mutual respect (something I know you think you understand but everyone on here sees you clearly do not) but in reference to your fifth grade "Prom Queen" remark, all of us can once again clearly see who was who's BITCH in high school. I am sorry it has taken such a toll on your self esteem to the point you have to hide on a forum and be a coward.

Think about that General every time you look in the mirror. That is what a coward looks like.

Dash,

That's what I stated, "they took the early out" (retirement). You obviously didn't read my response, it was the first sentence. Oh well. I'm sure those ex DL guys were happy to move to SWA after the BK, but the AT merger and subsequent degradation of their QOL and bad attitudes incurred during your merger has probably wore them down, along with the 5 leg days...

And this is an anonymous board. I don't know if you are a guy or a girl, and I don't care. What is important though is you starting to understand that your merger was handled poorly. Your new brothers feel like they got pooped on, by both your pilot group (for not accepting the fact that flying the same planes and not paying the same for a few years is WRONG), and by daddy telling them to take it or leave it. If you can't see that, then you are the coward. Admit your shortcomings, it will set you free.

Bye Bye---General Lee

And on another note, why do so many of you "other airline" guys always end up posting and SWA or AAI threads? It's pretty creepy.

It prolly has a lot to do with the immense entertainment value this "failed" merger provides around here for everyone else not involved... SWA/AAI threads deliver! ;)

Certain stagnation must be getting to you,

Bye Bye---General Lee

That's funny coming from a Delta Outsourcer.

I recently decided I did want to fly Delta passengers around, so I just put applications in with...

Alaska

I'm sure more Delta codeshare is in the works. Standby for new announcements. Haha.

RF

Dash,

That's what I stated, "they took the early out" (retirement). You obviously didn't read my response, it was the first sentence. Oh well. I'm sure those ex DL guys were happy to move to SWA after the BK, but the AT merger and subsequent degradation of their QOL and bad attitudes incurred during your merger has probably wore them down, along with the 5 leg days...

And this is an anonymous board. I don't know if you are a guy or a girl, and I don't care. What is important though is you starting to understand that your merger was handled poorly. Your new brothers feel like they got pooped on, by both your pilot group (for not accepting the fact that flying the same planes and not paying the same for a few years is WRONG), and by daddy telling them to take it or leave it. If you can't see that, then you are the coward. Admit your shortcomings, it will set you free.

Bye Bye---General Lee

If I can't see that a work group got wronged then I am a coward........

Amongst a long list of other things, comprehension is just another one of your problems. You are a strange little man.

Canyonblue clearly didn't mean how you took it.

You guys are always so friendly when you hitch and ride on us and always thank us afterwards. And the way you treat us when we jumpseat should be the industry standard.

Well when he talked about adding Hawaiian sucks! to his avatar I took it as not a particularly friendly exchange!:)
But thanks for the kind words and the feeling is mutual, we all have a lot more common in person than these web boards would have some believing. Which is why a really don't take anything to personal on here.

. And on another note, why do so many of you "other airline" guys always end up posting and SWA or AAI threads? It's pretty creepy.

Seems kind of an odd perspective given the fact that this is a web board meant for the whole industry. I assume you have your own company specific web board for internal matters like everyone else?
The perspective that you should post stuff on here for only SWA's pilots eyes is just a bit narcissistic to say the least.
Personally I like to hear whats going on around the industry at other carriers. Some of it's useful and I certainly can't imagine thinking I could put HAL stuff on here that is no one else's business?? It's not a bad thing hearing other perspectives on your own airline.
In fact the only really creepy thing would be pilots like Tankerclown posing as something they are not or that SWA guy who use to disguise himself as a Delta Connection RJ pilot. THAT'S a little creepy!

Latest resources

Back