• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Will SWA and AT truly merge?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What the tranny guys are forgetting, is that they aren't bringing to the table anything. You guys didn't wake one day and say "Hey lets merge with SWA" .SWA is buying the gates at atlanta and the future expansion!

To paraphrase te NRA, "Lawyers don't take positions; people take positions".

Seriously, consider who his client was.

Ty,

I hope you are right. But if what I am reading on this forum is any indication of ATNALPA's approach position ... Catz may be well in his comfort zone with his new client. Hope I'm wrong.

Comparing this deal to DAL/NW is just silly.

I suggest you drop the flamebait.

Your life is about to change dramatically! You're going to LUV it here!

This is a good point-
Coming from a man with several airlines on his resume- southwest is not like any airline out there - it IS different- employees get along- it's credible, not corny- there's substance behind the koolaid- and if you need something... It happens- we work hard, play hard- but not as hard as most domestic airlines- we're more efficient- ive flown so many days that credit over 9- fly 7-8, in a 9.5 hour duty day-
Getting wrapped up in SLIs when this is coming is remarkably silly. Just relax and realize that culture and life style has 35+ years of making happy successful pilots

This is a good point-
Coming from a man with several airlines on his resume- southwest is not like any airline out there - it IS different- employees get along- it's credible, not corny- there's substance behind the koolaid- and if you need something... It happens- we work hard, play hard- but not as hard as most domestic airlines- we're more efficient- ive flown so many days that credit over 9- fly 7-8, in a 9.5 hour duty day-
Getting wrapped up in SLIs when this is coming is remarkably silly. Just relax and realize that culture and life style has 35+ years of making happy successful pilots

True.

What the tranny guys are forgetting, is that they aren't bringing to the table anything. You guys didn't wake one day and say "Hey lets merge with SWA" .SWA is buying the gates at atlanta and the future expansion!

No airline can "buy" gates at The World's Busiest Airport, not even Delta. They are leased, not owned, just like they are leased in LGA and DCA. They just renegotiated the leases and AirTran and Delta I believe had right of first refusal. Southwest realized that although they might have all the money in the world, they will never have the ability to lease the 35 gates that we will have in Atlanta with the new terminal. We bring growth and expansion to the table so please mind your manners when you come to Atlanta for supper. Welcome to the Dirty South!

Last edited:
So was it with a bunch of LUV that SWA management started code share agreements with Volaris? I am sure it was a bunch of hand holding and koombaya when that was announced. Oh yea, I read a bunch of bitching and complaining on here about how the company has changed. I have a feeling the company will do whatever it takes to make it look like they are holding your hand through all this, and then they will do what they wanted to do in the first place.

... so please mind your manners when you come to Atlanta for supper. Welcome to the Dirty South!

*cough*

I'm happy to tell you that dinner will be served in the great state of Texas. Welcome to Southwest Airlines! You are going to LUV it here!

SS-You say that bc you don't know what you're talking about- every airline has their 10%- the bitching is lack of perspective

So was it with a bunch of LUV that SWA management started code share agreements with Volaris? I am sure it was a bunch of hand holding and koombaya when that was announced. Oh yea, I read a bunch of bitching and complaining on here about how the company has changed. I have a feeling the company will do whatever it takes to make it look like they are holding your hand through all this, and then they will do what they wanted to do in the first place.

Mr Squirrel,

Volaris was/is so offensive to SWA pilots because we have almost completely avoided ANY farming out of our flying. Even though any codeshare is unpalatable, our section one only allows for minuscule near international codeshare. It is a great example of why it is great to work here - any airplanes in SWA colors will be flown by SWA pilots.

What kinda scope do YOU have?

*cough*

I'm happy to tell you that dinner will be served in the great state of Texas. Welcome to Southwest Airlines! You are going to LUV it here!

We talkin' brisket and Lone Star beer? I am on board regardless. If we are having that for dinner, that's just icing on the cake.

Latest resources

Back