• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Will SWA and AT truly merge?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
About what? I have no dog in this fight.

Its called being real. Try it some time instead of wishful thinking.

I have no dog in this fight either.

It's called being legal. Try it sometime instead of follish talking.

Someone finally gets that this is a purchase of assets. Not a merging of companies. SWA has the right to decide what to do with these assets. And the culture at SWA has been and always will be a major concern for leadership.

Apparently the SWA training department has the ability to train 700 new pilots a year. You do the math.

Just being real about this transaction. And so should the pilots of both Airtran and Southwest.

I'm going to take a guess given your views on, "fair mergers" the you work for AA? If so, thank you!

Last edited:
Please explain.

Sy-bill:
My bad. I had to re read the thread. There are so many pissing contests about the SLI that I thought this was just another food fight.
You're probably right, nothing stopping SWA management from pulling an Ichan on AT. Let's hope not for the sake of the AT employees.

Someone finally gets that this is a purchase of assets. Not a merging of companies. SWA has the right to decide what to do with these assets. And the culture at SWA has been and always will be a major concern for leadership.

Apparently the SWA training department has the ability to train 700 new pilots a year. You do the math.

OK, Chief.. . . . Let me spell it out for you. AirTran pilots also have a contract . . . . and that contract is binding on anyone who merges with us, or buys 51%.

Number two- Smarter pilots than yourself already understand that the faster AirTran pilots are on the SWA contract, the better it will be for both parties. Otherwise, where do you think the growth will be- the cheaper operator who has options on 25 more 717's available for pennies on the dollar, or the domestic-only airline with the higher CASM that requires purchases of additional 737 to expand?

Hmmmm . . . . Geee . . . . . I wonder. :laugh:

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back