• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Will Spirit Survive if they WalK?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No anger. I actually support you guys and your effort.

BUT...expecting the Vision Airlines guys (who are a non-union shop and have NO protection) to fall on their swords is total BS...

You guys knew what Spirit paid when you hired on. It's not the same as wanting a concessionary give-back PAID BACK like NW in 1998.

The writing was on the wall when you walked though the front door at Spirit. And that's fine ...but don't expect other pilots to lose their jobs over it...

I don't recall saying that...or expecting that they not cross the picket line. I did know what Spirit paid when I made the decision to work here, also a completely different place than when I interviewed.

But when you say "you get what you deserve for working at Spirit" what does one think?

What exactly does that mean?

But when you say "you get what you deserve for working at Spirit" what does one think?

What exactly does that mean?

What I said EXACTLY was and I quote "If you hang your hat there , you get what you deserve".

What that means in my book is Spirit is not a place to hang ones hat.

Stepping stone: Yes.

Career: Why?

What I said EXACTLY was and I quote "If you hang your hat there , you get what you deserve".

What that means in my book is Spirit is not a place to hang ones hat.

Stepping stone: Yes.

Career: Why?

I would say that you are an _____, but no. I'll just show your ignorance.

The Spirit seniority list includes many pilots who would have a place to hang their hat, except that the AA cloakroom ran out of hooks. You sound like a person who has forgotten September 11, 2001. Maybe you always were a low paid FO and having not seen the benefit of seniority you don't realize that a senior pilot position at Spirit is better for certain peoples lives than a junior position at any major for those of us who have twenty five or more years in this industry.

Why do you smear the Spirit pilots with your implication that they would have left if they could?

A significant number of Spirit pilots found Spirit to be the shelter from the storm called Lorenzo. AirFlorida and Midway (the first Midway), terrorism, etc.

In this business, we take the first job we were offered, and I'm sure you did yourself. Yes, some of us expected to move on, but the Jihadist's changed that.

You're really not changing anyone's mind with your implication that pilots who chose to stay at Spirit are in some way inferior.

Why do you begrudge us our attempt to raise our standard and in doing so help others from being drug down to the Ryanair level?

Nicely said

I would say that you are an _____, but no. I'll just show your ignorance. ..........The Spirit seniority list includes many pilots who would have a place to hang their hat, except that the AA cloakroom ran out of hooks. You sound like a person who has forgotten September 11, 2001.
You're really not changing anyone's mind with your implication that pilots who chose to stay at Spirit are in some way inferior.
Very nicely said. Not everyone gets hired at FedEx two years out of ERAU, like Boycapt. There is an element of timing and luck that play much greater roles than someone's skill and desire while progressing through a flying career. JUS pilots are also often maligned the same way as being pilots who can't get jobs at other places. However if the timing is right many have gone to SWA, NWA, DAL, JB, AT, NJ and even Spirit, (move up) and dozens of other places they feel is right for them.

He flys for Spirit...what do you expect? He can't be the sharpest tool in the shed.

A buddy told me ten years ago their Seniority #1 guy was an FO who had failed Captain upgrade three times. The company gave him the option of permanent FO, or he could try and upgrade one last time and if he failed he would be terminated...

The guy had frickin tape holding his glasses together!

That was in a direct-cable, steam-gauge 9. I can't imagine that rocket scientist on the nerd bird!

Wow!

...Simultaneously arrogant and ignorant, and both to the extreme.
The gentleman that you slander happens to be a very nice person. Obviously you don't know him. It's also obvious that you don't know much about the pilot group at Spirit.

No anger. I actually support you guys and your effort.

BUT...expecting the Vision Airlines guys (who are a non-union shop and have NO protection) to fall on their swords is total BS...

You guys knew what Spirit paid when you hired on. It's not the same as wanting a concessionary give-back PAID BACK like NW in 1998.

The writing was on the wall when you walked though the front door at Spirit. And that's fine ...but don't expect other pilots to lose their jobs over it...

If Vision operates for Spirit during the strike, and pilots operate the airplanes, they are scabs, period. And it's no BS. Vision pilots are big-boys and also knew what they were getting into as well by working as "at will" employees.

Wow!

...Simultaneously arrogant and ignorant, and both to the extreme.
The gentleman that you slander happens to be a very nice person. Obviously you don't know him. It's also obvious that you don't know much about the pilot group at Spirit.

It's only "slander" if it's fabricated. Is it?

The only thing I know about "the Spirit pilot group" is that they are about to get a couple of my Friends at Vision fired...

Latest resources

Back