Will Skybus' callsign be "Shame Train?"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What is shameful about going to work?

Well, lets see... when a Cincinnati Muni Bus driver working fewer hours (TAFB) than you is earning about $5,000 more per year, and has significantly better medical, and a retirement plan, that's what I would call SHAME

and it's not like they're hiring 3000TT captains from RJ's .. no these bastards want 5000+ and Types.. to burden the responsibility of command all for $65K!

Thanks for showing your age dude. Skybus (AKA Shame Train) will bring pilot wage averages down. Perhaps you have a trust fund and just don't care....

These Captains don't mind flying advanced airplanes for peanuts - what does that say about our profession? $65K for a captain of an A319? Are you serious? The pilots who have signed on for this are fully aware of the implications for our profession - that's the problem. So, do you want to work hard your entire career and progress upwards to a PIC slot and then get $65K for your efforts? Really? Think about it...

Just curious...

What's industry standard pay for the A319? If there even is such a thing anymore....

Guys like InstructorDude, as we all know, are bottom feeding idiots. He'll jump at the chance to fly an Airbus at Skybus for peanuts. He is the guy that loves to tell people "I'm a jet Capt for United...............express."
These guys circumvent the system to get ahead.........at the expense of us and the industry standard. They still get ahead!!!!!!
Example: Eastern Scabs in the left seats of CAL widebodies, and populating the top of the ValueJet, I mean AirTran, seniority list.
GoJet guys are seaping in at my current carrier. There is nothing we can do to stop it except to stand by our own higher values.

Well, lets see... when a Cincinnati Muni Bus driver working fewer hours (TAFB) than you is earning about $5,000 more per year, and has significantly better medical, and a retirement plan, that's what I would call SHAME

and it's not like they're hiring 3000TT captains from RJ's .. no these bastards want 5000+ and Types.. to burden the responsibility of command all for $65K!

Yeah but his office doesn't have a view like ours!

Yeah but his office doesn't have a view like ours!

that's it, It's official... I'm convinced now that you're a troll, or management plant put here to make our life miserable off the line too.

I'm placing you on my block list!

guess I can't do that here on FI.com... oh well..

IF it's really as bad as some of these posts would indicate...then we have absolutely nothing to worry about.

Right?

If you haven't caught on, instructordude is a flamer with many usernames.

This should probably be repeated for those that didn't see it the first time. It is entertaining watching people take the bait every time though.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back