• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Will SKW slow down?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I heard that same thing. what I was told is that the airline that came to us with the deal said it'll depend on the outcome of the drive, not Jerry passing on it.

Jeez you guys believe everything. Its spin. Plain and simple. Mgnt said whatever it took to keep ALPA off property. It worked. Now they will go back to the same old way of chipping away at our 'rules' and that will be that.

It's not ja and gang. It would be the major partner that is nervious giving airplanes to an airline that may strike over a contract. look around, what airline got huge growth durring contract talks? NONE!

Umm, yeah...because there are so many non-union regionals for them to give "huge growth" to!?

I heard that if we "deal BH an ace" by voting down ALPA, then we will be rewarded with a huge pay increase across the board and everything will be just wonderful forever after...oh wait, thats already happened several times and then we don't hear from management or SAPA again until the next union drive starts up!!

I heard something different on that pay vote where the "deal Brad an ace" statement was used. While a lot of pilots' selective ears heard

"Vote for this temporary less than ideal pay raise where 50-99 seat pay was the same, and you'll see a big raise next time",

that's not what I heard. What I heard was

"Vote for this pay package and the company will have the flexibility to attract more flying which will result in faster progression to the left seat which means more pay for you - not in the scale but in your progress through the scale."

I never heard anyone from SAPA or the managment team say otherwise. By the way, looking at the fleet structure before and after that vote, I think they delivered on that promise. Similarly, there may be some who are hearing the OC say,

"Vote ALPA in and life will be great",

even though the OC is not saying that. We often hear what we want to hear and not what people are saying. I think if ALPA is voted in, the OC will deliver on their promises but will fall short of what many of the pilots expected.

Andy

spot ON!

I never heard anyone from SAPA or the managment team say otherwise. By the way, looking at the fleet structure before and after that vote, I think they delivered on that promise. Similarly, there may be some who are hearing the OC say,

"Vote ALPA in and life will be great",

even though the OC is not saying that. We often hear what we want to hear and not what people are saying. I think if ALPA is voted in, the OC will deliver on their promises but will fall short of what many of the pilots expected.

Respectfully,

If ALPA was in place, would you be able to hold a medical after health issues?

If you were a line pilot, would you not want what:
All ALPA carriers have
American Airline Pilots have
UPS Pilots have
SouthWest Airline Pilots have

ALPA Aeromedical going to bat to get your medical back?

Also consider the legal issues.
Look at the past firings.

How can you justify not having representation?

Thanks for your answers.
I know there are many issues here, but bottom line for me, aeromedical and a contract are two key issues..its not for the magazine.

Also,

Has anyone read:

"Fast Food Nation?"

Good look at what companies will do to NOT have a union get in the way of how they do business.

Thinking about making a move from Eagle to SKW. Have only been here a few months so the lateral move won't be too tough. I have heard that there are no more upgrade or new hire classes this year. Is this just a typical holiday slow down or are things not going to be fast at SKW anymore. I don't care if upgrade is less than a year but I don't want to jump ship if I'm going to be at the end of the hiring boom.

FACT
Training dept. wanted to run a class of 70, but only had 23 to put in class.

RUMOR
1.Flying for Southwest and/or American...
2.C-Series aircraft 100+ seats

Source Sim instructor meeting..

Believe it when I see it....

P.S. dont kill the messenger!!

FACT

RUMOR

So maybe the interview won't be too crazy then eh

FACT

RUMOR

Messenger, you will not be killed. One rumour tip however. At least check the viability of a rumour before you pass it along. The C-Series will not be avail for four years at the soonest (2011). This causes the "buzz" to turn into a quiet hummmmmm.

PS- The Southwest rumour is in competition with another current rumour....that southwest is buying Alaska Airlines and will use Horizon for its feed.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back