• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Will PSA Be Sold?? Air Whisky??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well I don't know about any rumors of a sale but as we all know U is hard up for $$$ (hey, management has to get their bonus or severance packages any way they can) and with the MDA guys tossing a big wrench into that deal maybe U is shopping out PSA or PDT again. I wouldn't doubt that earlier this year they tried to sell PDT or PSA before MDA but couldn't find any takers. Maybe just round 2, maybe not, what do I know, i just a broke down commuter pilot.

I'm here

wheelsup said:
Man I hope this isn't true. I start with Air Wisconsin on monday, and I'll be the last guy on the 800+ list. If this were to happen I'd be the last guy on a 1300+ list :(.

In the interview, they mentioned bidding on 900 or 190 flying for US Air but this never came up, which doesn't mean anything I guess.

~wheelsup

EDIT: Where is PSA Chief pilot?? He might know more if/why the training dept. is slowing down, and have a reasonable explination for it...

I am here, just laughing, Besides, If "PSA IS STAPLED TO THE BOTTOM OF AWAC'S SENIORITY" as previously stated, you'd immediately have 550 guys below you. That should not happen either. We have been for sale or sold for the last 10 years I've been here. The training department is being trimmed of fat as well as everything else to look good on the balance sheet of the merger, if it's to be sold, I am not aware of it. Training classes were supposed to slow down but that has changed. We were having problems getting Sim time but supposedly got more outside of our sim.

Someone previously had asked for a seniority list and an Awac guy laughed it off. Maybe they should have sent it to them so my guys may realize how senior the pilot group really is there. I'm sure the AVRO guys have been around a while. If they were to merge, I'm sure that each pilot group would want what was best for it's members. If it was DOH (date of Hire) it would be the first one in ALPA history, at least recent history. For the guy with the March 2001 hire date you Should have upgraded here recently. I would only hope that we could all be professionals in all these discussions, Hypothetical or not!

Let All the other Companies fight about these things for now, We are all along for the ride and even with my hand in management, We have no control over our futures, besides, IT IS THE AVIATION INDUSTRY, AND WHO KNOWS WHAT WILL HAPPEN TOMORROW.

PSACPSP

PSACheifPilots,

Please don't get to worked up about the staple comment. Nobody wants to staple anybody. He was definitely kidding with that comment. This stuff has a way of snowballing and before you know we are gonna be acting like little kids.

FOR THE RECORD: Nobody at AWAC is suggesting we staple ANYBODY.

Seniority stuff. We got about 100 guys that have been here for more than 15 years. Other than that, AWAC started hiring back in 97 I think and the bulk of the company, probably 500 guys have hire dates starting around the first part of 2000.

Yeah the staple was a joke.

So if we merge... are you going to be my Chief Pilot? If so... then I'll just tell you about this now: I'm feeling sick and I'm going to need December of 2006 off.

Thank you for your understanding in this matter during my time of anguish.

S.

Beechnut said:

So if we merge... are you going to be my Chief Pilot? If so... then I'll just tell you about this now: I'm feeling sick and I'm going to need December of 2006 off.

S.

hehehe, He's my chief pilot right now and i cant even get a day off. Better luck to you.

I can assure Chiefpilot if this merger becomes reality, the AirWisco Alpa bretheren will decend upon their overzealous newfound partners with the ferocity of Delta Force commandos. Seniority rules and there'll be no playing nice-nice. You will be assimilated fairly, so just relax and sit on your hands.

CP, go take a look at the ALG / PDT merger, and you will see a straight DOH integration. In recent history.

OPECJet said:
CP, go take a look at the ALG / PDT merger, and you will see a straight DOH integration. In recent history.

Sorry, I haven't seen it, I have a few friends at PDT but haven't really dicussed it, I wanted to go to work there but they would hire me at the time because my sister was an FO...Thanks for setting some kind of precedent, I can only imagine what will happen with U and AWA!

I STAND CORRECTED!

PSACPSP

Beechnut said:

S.

I know it was a joke... Some of us do have a sense of humor!

Latest resources

Back