Will PSA Be Sold?? Air Whisky??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

LoveGun

Rumors of the sale of PSA are running rampant. I suppose posts like this won't help.

Here's what I heard from a good source: certain top possitions in the training department have been vacated and they haven't been filled, and aren't going to be filled. After ramping up our training department for potential new hires this fall all of a sudden we are scaling down the training department.

Here's what I heard from a less good source: The PSA VP of ops has been interviewing at other companies.

Here's what I heard from a bad source: Air Whiskey management has been telling its pilots that Air Whiskey is buying PSA.

Granted, the last two items are purely rumors, but when you put them together it looks like PSA might be sold. I don't mean to be a rumor monger, but what has everyone else heard.

Hello,
We hadn't heard that here at PSA, and I know that they have just hired more ground instructors. Also, know that they are still interviewing for classes. All of this is obviously WAY above my paygrade. However, I think that more will be clear after the merger deal between AWA/US is finalized.

It would make sense with all the changes that PSA has implemented to mirror Air Whiskeys operation.

Wow, this is a rumor that seems to be comming from your neck of the woods. Here at AWAC, I haven't read ANYTHING from the company saying we are interested in buying or merging with another airline. The only time I've heard of this rumor isn't from our crew room or instructors or anything of the like, it's from reading rumors from PSA guys on this board.

Two points:
1. We hear rumors all the time about flying that we're trying to get. Like being the next Northwest Airlink. These things have been around for years and they never come true.

2. When something does happen, like the Airtran flying or this deal with USAirways, NOBODY talks about it before hand. We never heard Airtran or USAirways flying rumors before an announcemnt was made.

How many airplanes and pilots do you guys have?

What has changed at PSA to 'mirror' the way AWAC does their operations?

S.

Beechnut said:
Wow, this is a rumor that seems to be comming from your neck of the woods. Here at AWAC, I haven't read ANYTHING from the company saying we are interested in buying or merging with another airline. The only time I've heard of this rumor isn't from our crew room or instructors or anything of the like, it's from reading rumors from PSA guys on this board.

Two points:
1. We hear rumors all the time about flying that we're trying to get. Like being the next Northwest Airlink. These things have been around for years and they never come true.

2. When something does happen, like the Airtran flying or this deal with USAirways, NOBODY talks about it before hand. We never heard Airtran or USAirways flying rumors before an announcemnt was made.

How many airplanes and pilots do you guys have?

What has changed at PSA to 'mirror' the way AWAC does their operations?

S.

I think we have like 35 CRJ-200's and maybe 14 CRJ-701's. Last senority list had like 500+ pilots here.

Things are about to change to match how you do your operation in regards to Weight and Balance via ACARS, what triggers the ACARS, (we are going to the same system as you) and a few other things in the training department.

Personally, I'm not sure this would be a bad thing for the two groups.

Time will tell my friend.

Like you said, guess we'll have to wait for the big announcement. ;)

Are you guys changing profiles or calls in the airplane? What do you mean by a few changes in the training dept?

Wouldn't that be something... merging the two groups. Sheesh... I can hear the fights now. I know D.O.H. isn't used when merging to ALPA carriers... but out of curiosity, what would someone be doing if they were hired March of 2001?

Wanna start one? I'll go first, just to get things off on the right foot:

Staple.

Your turn!

(toung in cheek. good luck to you guys.)
S.

Man I hope this isn't true. I start with Air Wisconsin on monday, and I'll be the last guy on the 800+ list. If this were to happen I'd be the last guy on a 1300+ list :(.

In the interview, they mentioned bidding on 900 or 190 flying for US Air but this never came up, which doesn't mean anything I guess.

~wheelsup

EDIT: Where is PSA Chief pilot?? He might know more if/why the training dept. is slowing down, and have a reasonable explination for it...

Last edited:
Things are about to change to match how you do your operation in regards to Weight and Balance via ACARS, what triggers the ACARS, (we are going to the same system as you) and a few other things in the training department.

Was told that the AWAC way of doing W&B, and a few other things are supposed to become the standard way of doing things at most or all USAirways Express carriers. Told that by a union negotiating committe guy. Not sure AWACs way is any better, on anything. This could explain why some procedures and other things are changing. Just what I heard!

Latest resources

Back